Atlanta Smart Academy
The mission of Atlanta SMART Academy is to use science, math and the arts to develop all students into innovative solutionists. Within an engaging, demanding, restorative school community, and with an unwavering focus on high academic growth, Atlanta SMART Academy equips every 5th-8th grade solutionist for success in high school, college and career.
Atlanta SMART Academy is a conduit from elementary school to high school where students develop the critical thinking skills to thrive in a constantly evolving society. We accomplish this by providing a well-rounded education through our four key innovations: project-based learning, extended time, arts-infusion and an advanced curriculum.
Our core values are:
- Creativity: We believe in thinking outside the box and challenging the norm.
- Collaboration: We believe together everyone achieves more, that’s a TEAM.
- Compassion: We believe showing empathy and concern brings out the best in others.
- Competence: We believe with the right tools we can master anything.
We are SMART!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Atlanta SMART Academy will develop all students into innovative solutionists. Through a project-based learning model with an emphasis on science, math, and the arts, students will be challenged to think critically about the world around them. We will leverage technology and engage in an arts infused curriculum so that students leave middle school as caring, creative and confident citizens of the world.
Atlanta SMART Academy is founded on the belief that all students are smart and have the capacity to learn at high levels. Teachers here are passionate educators and professionals committed to building a school to transform the educational and life outcomes of students and their families in Atlanta.
We are currently seeking teachers for the following positions:
- Lead Special Education
- Lead Humanities
- Lead Math/Science
- 5th and 6th grade ELA
- 5th and 6th grade Social Studies
- 5th and 6th grade Science
- 5th and 6th grade Math
- Part-time Art, Dance, and/or Theater
- 3-5 years teaching experience for classroom teachers (preferred)
- At least 1 year of experience working directly with children (for Art, Dance, Music & Theater teachers only)
- Belief that all students can learn and achieve at high levels
- Ownership of the responsibility to teach with high expectations
- Prior evidence of setting and achieving high student academic growth and/or achievement
- Appreciation of or experience in the arts
- Ability to give and accept feedback with a growth mindset
- Ability to collaborate with peers
- Experience teaching in a charter school (preferred)
- BA/BS from an accredited institution
- Valid Georgia State Teaching Certificate, preferred
- Attend a two week Summer Institute immediately before the start of the school year
- Participate in weekly Professional development on Fridays
- Lead a student advisory group to provide daily social, emotional and academic support to students
- Participate in professional learning communities for data meetings, coaching and planning
- Participate in student recruitment activities including phone calls, family visits and/or canvassing, as needed
- Supervise students during lunch break
- Additional duties, as requested
ABOUT BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
Atlanta SMART Academy staff receive a comprehensive benefits package that is competitive with other charter schools in Georgia. This benefits package includes:
Comprehensive medical insurance
How to Apply
Visit our website and click About Us->Our Team-> Join the Team
Attn: Patrice Meadows, Executive Director