Georgia Cyber Academy
Job Title: Technology & Training Support Specialist – FSL
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: The Family Success Liaison Technology and Training Specialist will directly support the FAST team and students/families with technology implementation, training, and troubleshooting.
Essential Functions: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Reports directly to the Technology & Software Manager and collaborates with the school-based Technology & Training Specialists to ensure technology integration is seamless across the District
- Provide FSL staff trainings and follow-up support on technology and instructional platforms
- Works with the Family Engagement Coordinators and FSLs to create family resources
- Responds to student/family software tickets daily as transferred from hardware provider
- Escalate tech support to third-party vendors as needed
- Prepare student and staff usage reports from all systems
- Onboard new teachers & staff into various platforms
- Onboard new students into various platforms
- Assist with managing and updating Instructional Technology Website and weekly Newsletter
- Attend In-Person Program Trainings and Conferences IE: Infinite Campus Conference, NWEA MAP, Wowzers, etc.
- Attend any school or department level meetings upon request
- Provide Technology Coaching as requested
- Maintains accurate and confidential student records
- Participates in State Testing
- Other assigned duties as needed
This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree;
- A minimum of three years successful virtual teaching experience;
- Experience implementing technology platforms;
- Desire to research and learn new skills and platforms;
- Ability to create innovative and effective training materials;
- Possess strong communication, organizational, analytical, and written skills;
- Demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to interact positively with teachers, administrators, and support staff; and
- Possess knowledge of the school improvement process;
- Must be an advocate for virtual learning and believe in the mission of Georgia Cyber Academy
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficient in both Microsoft and G Suite applications
- Ability to travel 10% of the time for meetings, professional development, and school events
- Ability to pass required background check
- Current Georgia State Teaching Certificate
- Leadership or Instructional Technology degree or endorsement or similar additional certification
- Previous experience as an online educator
- Previous leadership experience
- Proficient in Canvas & Jigsaw
- Advanced Microsoft Office Excel, Access, SQL
- Proficient/Advanced Infinite Campus
- Experience using current GCA curriculum platforms such as NWEA MAP, Gallopade, Clever, USA Test Prep, IXL, Wowzers, FLVS, BrainPOP, Study Island, iReady, Illuminate/School City, Writable, WriteScore, Infinite Campus
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is an office-based position / home-based position. The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorize.