Georgia Cyber Academy
The Training and Development specialist assists the Training and Development Manager in the planning, execution, and documentation of all training programs while working in conjunction with school level points of contact and District administration.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Assists in the development of New Hire Training and Orientation
- Assists in all state testing training
- Assists in planning and implementation of all professional development (virtual and face-to-face)
- Assists in booking rooms/transportation for conferences, training, and professional development
- Assists in contracting of facilities, equipment, and resources for all face-to-face training events
- Assists in tracking of completed training (attendance links, reports in Canvas, etc.)
- Attends all Meetings
- Attends all Face-to-Face Professional Development
- Attends all Virtual Professional Development (live on camera with face fully visible and focused on professional development content).
- Attends all conferences as required.
- Sets up hotel arrangements for attendees, handles catering, entertainment, transportation, location, special guests, equipment, handouts, etc.
- Participates in planning committees.
- Acts as Super-User for TLE platform
Professional Roles and Other Duties:
- Positively support all school initiatives
- Comply with best practices in communication
- Is courteous and professional in all communications
- Acts professional and respectful at all times
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times
- Actively supports collaboration of colleagues.
- Promotes a positive school climate.
- Maintains confidentiality as appropriate.
- Completes all required training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
- Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leaders to meet goals, welcomes new-comers, and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Professionalism: Be professional at all times in communications, appearance, work product, and in representing Georgia Cyber Academy in a positive manner.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business, or related field of study AND
- One (1) year of experience working in developing staff training and/or events/conferences planning OR Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two (2) years of experience in online educational environment OR Equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- GA PSC Educational Teaching Certificate
- Clear Fingerprint/Background Check Required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working with diverse student populations
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, OneNote, and G-Suite.
- Knowledge of the SCSC Comprehensive Performance Framework
- Knowledge of GaDOE CCRPI
- Proficiency using computer-based software and online resources to develop training materials
- Ability to read and interpret student academic data and educational reports
- Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies and teaching platforms
- Ability to manage competing priorities with attention to deadlines
- Strong critical thinking, planning, and writing skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate and communicate effectively within a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects within established deadlines
- Dependable, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines as required
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Excellent organization skills, including ability to incorporate methods and build systems that can be used across the district
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive to ensure excellent student outcomes
- Ability to problem solve independently and have a high level of organization
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Maintain a professional home office without distraction during 8-5 workday when working from home
- Consistent access to reliable high-speed internet
- Valid driver’s license and availability of private transportation
- Ability to travel 20% of the time as required
- Experience building and delivering professional development and/or training to staff
- Working knowledge of A/V Presentation Tools
- GA PSC Teaching/Educational Certificate
- TKES/LKES certified
- Previous experience as an online educator
- Previous experience with online educational tools/curriculum/assessments
- Working knowledge of Infinite Campus (SIS)
- Working knowledge of Canvas (LMS)
- Working knowledge of Jigsaw Interactive (live classroom tool)
- Proficient in use of Zoom conferencing tool
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is primarily a Monday through Friday, 5 day/week, home-based position that may require traveling up to 20% of the time.
- During critical periods, in-office days may be required. The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
- In-person attendance at professional development, training, conferences, job fairs, meetings, school events, marketing events, and testing sites will be required several times per year.
- Light lifting required.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor as allowed by Title I. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year