Utopian Academy for the Arts
- Develop lesson plans that ensure the attainment of state learning standards and the additional specific grade-by-grade learning standards set forth in the charter;
- Coordinate lesson plans with other teachers to maximize possibilities for teaching similar topics in the same general time frame, thus reinforcing student knowledge on an interdisciplinary basis;
- Provide direct and indirect instruction;
- Long and short-term planning addressing individual needs of students;
- Prepare students adequately for all required assessments;
- Evaluate students’ progress;
- Prepare at least quarterly individual student achievement reports for parents;
- Provide an inviting, exciting, innovative, learning environment;
- Engage in effective and appropriate classroom management;
- Report directly to the Principal;
- Accept and incorporate feedback and coaching from administrative staff;
- Serve as an advisor to students, including organizing advisory groups, overseeing the academic and behavioral progress;
- Perform other duties, as deemed appropriate, by the Principal.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year, accredited college or university;
- Valid Georgia teaching certification in middle school Language Arts, eligibility for Georgia License; or license from a state with similar licensure requirements
- Demonstrated expertise in their subject matter and/or direct subject-area teaching experience
- Demonstrated communication skills- Model correct use of language, oral and written;
- Ability and experience to engage the interest of middle school-age children;
- Ability to work with diverse children, including those with special needs;
- Ability to be flexible and to work in a pleasant and cooperative manner
- Ability to work well with parents;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member;
- Ability to evaluate tests and measurements of achievement;
- Possess a high degree of professionalism and discretion;
- Demonstrated willingness to be held accountable for student’s results.
How to Apply
Application and materials must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org PLEASE STATE POSITION APPLIED FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Completed Application for Employment including:
- Cover letter / letter of interest defining your strengths in your subject matter, including your experience with supporting a charter school, or arts integrated school. Please cite specific and measurable examples from your practice that make you a fit for our Language Arts Teacher position.
- Valid Copy of your teaching certificate or steps that you will obtain to secure a valid certificate for the position applied for.