The Kindezi Schools
Position Description: The Kindezi Teacher develops and delivers high-quality, data-driven differentiated instruction in a Special subject (Physical Education, Visual/Performing Arts, STEM, Spanish, or Music) while fostering a positive learning environment.
Reports to: Assistant Principal
Network to: Director of Enrichment
- Develop and deliver high-quality, standards-based instruction in one or more subject areas for students in assigned grade levels
- Plan and execute field trips and project-based learning opportunities
- Analyze data and develop action plans to constantly improve student achievement through rigorous and meaningful differentiated instruction.
- Ensure that all IEPs are met to support the individual needs of the student.
- Maintain a positive learning environment that cultivates both the academic and socio-emotional needs of the students.
- Maintain a positive classroom culture with tier one interventions in place, effectively managing a classroom
- Strive to meet network and school-based academic and social-emotional learning goals
- Modify lessons to according to interests and passions of students
- Actively participate in instructional coaching sessions, Professional Development, and lesson planning clinics
- Keep track of grades and attendance
- Be prompt and present daily; eager to participate in a carpool, parent meetings, and other school functions that require student supervision after hours.
- Develop meaningful relationships with students and their families by keeping them informed on education-related issues and school events
- Openly collaborate with partner teacher and grade level team
- Values that align with the Kindezi model and goals
- Demonstrated commitment to increasing student achievement and supporting the social-emotional needs of students
- Dedicated, reflective thinker with a growth mindset
- High academic expectations; Believes that all students deserve an equitable education experience no matter their circumstances.
- Be a United States citizen or otherwise have authorization to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education (2.5+ GPA)
- Have the ability to pass an Atlanta Public Schools background check and obtain a GaPSC-issued clearance certificate
- Active Level 4 teacher certification issued by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission highly preferred, or have reciprocity eligibility, OR
- May adhere to ONE of the following alternative credentialing options:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or Advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in the subject matter in which you teach (ie. Elementary Education, Foreign Language, Visual Arts, Music, Physical Education, etc.);
- Have evidence of 21+ credit hours in specialized training in the subject(s) taught, such as an academic major or the equivalent in the subject(s);
- Pass or exempt the GACE Program Admissions Assessment; or
- Pass the GACE content assessment for the area/subject taught
- 3+ years of teaching experience in an urban environment preferred
- Compensation aligned with The Kindezi Schools’ salary schedule
- Teacher Retirement System (TRS) pension, 403b plan, paid time off, health, vision, and dental insurance, employer-paid life insurance, and short and long-term disability benefits.
- Work Days: 190
- Salaried, Full-Time, Exempt
How to Apply
Please apply here.