The Georgia Charter Schools Association offers a comprehensive Charter Incubator with a proven track record. GCSA candidates submitting charter petitions have received 100% approval for three consecutive years.
WHAT IS THE GCSA CHARTER INCUBATOR?
GCSA’s Charter School Incubator works to address Georgia’s educational needs by:
- Recruiting top talent to start public charter schools in Georgia
- Personalized training and support throughout the school design and charter petition process
- Coaching and developing school leaders and their governing boards on charter school operations and governance in their first two years of operation
Now – May 30
APPLY OR RECEIVE $1,000 BY REFERRING AN APPLICANT TO GCSA’s CHARTER INCUBATOR
Along with the ability to accept as many high-quality applicants as we see fit, we also provide a very generous $1,000 referral bonus to leaders who recommend a selected and enrolled candidate to GCSA’s fellowship program. Let us know if you have a colleague that would be a great fit.
The Charter Incubator collaborates with candidates over a one year time period to adequately prepare boards for charter petition approval. Candidates will receive a calendar of all mandatory meetings during the phone interview process. Candidates receive weekly support through 1:1 coaching on the petition and crucial next steps for approval, in-person workshops focusing on various aspects of the petition process between July and December, and budget support and feedback from a GCSA partner selected to handle back office services.
HOW TO APPLY
GCSA Incubator targets applicants across the United States who demonstrate:
- a deep belief that all students deserve access to an excellent education regardless of their background, entrepreneurial acumen,
- the ability to invest and inspire others towards a common goal,
- a track record of strong professional achievement,
- school leadership experience at the coach level or above,
- a fierce dedication to students and charter the school approval process.
In our experience, these are the competencies that lead to success. Non-Georgia residents are encouraged to apply to the Early Deadline to ensure a timely relocation. GCSA offers a $1,000 referral bonus for accepted and matriculated referrals. To apply, please visit our website. For more questions, email Aarti Sharma, GCSA’s Vice President of New School Development.