Dekalb Preparatory Academy
Our experiential curriculum intertwines sciences, humanities, and the arts to prepare children to shape our world.
We believe in our responsibility to partner with parents, creating an ideal environment in which students will have the opportunity to:
- Strive for academic excellence.
- Explore a diverse curriculum.
- Prepare to succeed in a global environment.
- Provide service to a growing community.
- Participate in character education, developing a respect for others through exemplary mentorship.
- Experience cooperative educational communities in all content areas from fine arts to technology.
- Develop students into life-long learners.
- Instructs students through lectures, discussions, visual aids and other effective teaching methods for student comprehension.
- Prepares lessons and outlines to use in class that effectively cover the material.
- Administers various types of assessments (i.e. performance assessments; formal and informal assessments, etc.) to monitor student comprehension.
- Monitors students in the classroom, at lunch and throughout the school to maintain order and discipline.
- Performs various administrative duties such as taking attendance, organizing the classroom and recording grades.
- Coordinates parent/teacher conferences as needed to review student’s performance, behavior and other issues.
- Attends faculty meetings and training sessions
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least a 2.5 GPA required
- Minimum of PSC Level 4-Certification in Middle Grades (4-8) – Language Arts; OR
- Passed the GACE Program Admission Assessment, GACE Ethics Entry (Test #350), and the GACE Middle Grades Language Arts Assessment; OR
- Have out of state certificate reciprocity eligibility
How to Apply
Submit Resumes: firstname.lastname@example.org