Cirrus Academy is an accredited tuition-free K-8th grade school in Macon, Georgia, offers a hands-on curriculum in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics) under the leadership of Dr. Gail M. Fowler. Launched in 2016, Cirrus Academy has various departments for academic success and artistic expression. Its early intervention program (EIP) enhances reading and mathematics skills of K-5th grade students and its middle school (6th – 8th grade) students receive supplemental instruction and academic preparation through Cirrus Academy’s Before and After School Program. The school’s Creative and Fine Arts Department features visual arts, creative writing, broadcasting, instrumental, vocal, oratorical and dance instruction and expression. Extracurricular activities at Cirrus Academy include football, basketball, baseball, softball, soccer, and cheerleading teams, in addition to robotics team, which all provide additional opportunities to further explore STEM while enhancing leadership, self-discipline and critical thinking skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Knowledge of GPS curriculum, techniques for integrating curriculum, Cirrus Academy Charter School policies, and effective instructional practices.
- Understanding of the teaching/learning process.
- Ability to provide instruction that reflects multiple perspectives and multicultural education.
- Ability to infuse technology into curriculum.
- Ability to work effectively with administrators, colleagues, central office and school-based staff, students, parents and community.
- Respect for diversity in education.
- Excellent oral and written communication along with strong human relations skills.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Elementary Education or Special Education/Elementary Education from an accredited college or university and meet the GAPSC requirement for certification.
- Must be certified or eligible for certification in Middle Grades Education 4-8 in the areas of Social Studies, Science, Language Arts, Math and/or Reading Endorsement.