The R.I.S.E. Schools
The mission of The RISE Schools is to provide a rigorous and holistic education that develops the minds and character of scholars to be catalysts for social change. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Business Operations (DBO) will be responsible for all matters of finance and human resources. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Budget & Finance:
- Work with the Executive Director and school principals to develop and manage the school’s budget
- Maintain accurate monthly and annual records of all financial transactions and submit them to the relevant district, state, and other necessary agencies
- Participate in monthly meetings to review/account for budget variances; monitor usage of the school credit card
- Ensure adherence to the school’s fiscal policy and procedures; participate in the annual financial audit process by providing documentation as needed to auditors
- Manage school purchasing process by placing orders with vendors, tracking the delivery and maintaining inventory
- Process payroll, receivables, payables, cash receipts, cash disbursements, accounting, and other related administrative duties as assigned and required by the role.
- Develop and implement human resources strategies related to talent acquisition, staffing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, records management, safety and health, and employee relations and retention.
- Annually review and make recommendations to the Executive Director for improving policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Communicate changes in personnel policies and procedures and ensuring proper compliance
- Assist the Executive Director in the annual review, preparation, and administration of organization wage and salary program
- Coordinate and/or conduct exit interviews
- Consult with legal counsel as directed by the Executive Director on personnel matters.
- Develop and maintain a human resources system that meets the school’s personnel needs
Project Management and Strategy:
- Direct management of select projects; developing comprehensive project plans that identify clear milestones, dependencies, assumptions, and manages contingencies for any identified risk
- Prepare project management agendas for status reviews with stakeholders
- Maintain a broad understanding of the status of all projects within the Executive Director’s purview
- Collaborate as needed with other direct reports of the Executive Director to facilitate the implementation of financial projects
- Analyze information collected during project management to assist in decision making
- Serve as a member of the leadership team, playing an active and influential role in discussions and decisions about strategic priorities and plans.
Skills and Characteristics:
- At least 5 years of finance, HR, Talent, and/ or business management experience in a fast–paced environment, preferably in a charter, independent, or private school
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to the school’s mission
Comfort level with financial oversight and budgetary tracking to support strategic growth
- Experience working in cross-functional teams to develop and implement systems and processes to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of a growing organization
- Willingness to work autonomously, collaboratively, and under the direction of senior staff
- Acute attention to detail coupled with the ability to think and act strategically
Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- Personal qualities of maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and a roll-up-my-sleeves attitude
Bachelors Required; advanced degree and/ or profession certification preferred.
How to Apply
All interested candidates should email email@example.com to apply for a position.