Georgia Connections Academy
Georgia Connections Academy is a tuition-free, full-time virtual school for students in grades 5-12 throughout Georgia. The school is authorized by the Georgia Charter Schools Commission and governed by an independent Board of Directors, with a mission to maximize academic achievement for students who are seeking other academic options. The school is operated by Georgia Connections Academy, a nonprofit corporation, through a contract with Connections Academy of Georgia, LLC, to provide its educational program and other services. Connections Academy, a division of Connections Education, is accredited by AdvancED, and GACA is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Working from our office in Duluth, Georgia, or from your home in Georgia, the Reading Interventionist is responsible for supporting student achievement and success in the area of English Language Arts, with special attention to reading fluency and comprehension. The Reading Interventionist will utilize data to develop and implement small group and individual instruction. They will be responsible for monitoring, reporting and communicating student progress. Additionally, they will be expected to participate in both in-person and virtual student-centered activities and events.
- Provides high quality instruction to individual students and small groups
- Uses data to provide instruction to students and to bring their skills to grade-level
- Collaborates with teachers, administration, and families to help identify best practices for individual and small groups of students
- Uses identified research-based interventions focusing specifically on individual student need
- Maintains data-based documentation of continuous monitoring of student performance and progress
- Provides data to school teams and participates in decisions about student progress
- Communicates with teachers, administration, and families regarding student progress
- Assists with identifying students for placement into intervention groups
- Participates in RTI meetings with teachers, administration, and families to discuss student placement and progress
- Provides diagnostic assessments for students as needed
- Provides input for program development
- Supports implementation of assessment tools and data management systems
- Supports grade level teachers in what they are teaching in order to provide further instruction as needed
- Teach and monitor the Reading Enrichment courses
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work full-time hours from Monday through Friday
- Highly qualified and certified to teach Elementary School English/Language Arts in Georgia (appropriate to grade level and content area responsibilities)
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office programs)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work well in fast-paced environment
- Team player track record; ability to collaborate
- Customer focused approach
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Willingness to travel on occasion for marketing and state testing events (may require overnight travel)
- Ability to work some occasional evening hours, as needed to support some families
Georgia Connections Academy strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
How to Apply
Please apply here.