Dekalb Preparatory Academy
DeKalb Preparatory Academy is a diverse community where teachers, children, parents, and leaders learn together. Students cultivate knowledge and learn to think critically and act collaboratively and compassionately.
Our experiential curriculum intertwines sciences, humanities, and the arts to prepare children to shape our world.
We believe in our responsibility to partner with parents, creating an ideal environment in which students will have the opportunity to:
- Strive for academic excellence
- Explore a diverse curriculum
- Prepare to succeed in a global environment
- Provide service to a growing community
- Participate in character education, developing a respect for others through exemplary mentorship
- Experience cooperative educational communities in all content areas from fine arts to technology
- Develop students into life-long learners
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes and age groups
- Prepare and set tests, examination papers and exercises
- Mark and provide appropriate feedback on oral and written work
- Devise, write and produce new materials, including audio and visual resources
- Organize and get involved in social and cultural activities such as sports competitions, school parties, dinners, and excursions
- Attend and contribute to training sessions
- Participate in marketing events for the language school
- Prepare information for inspection visits and other quality assurance exercises
- Undertake administrative tasks, such as keeping student registers and attendance records.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous professional growth and works with administrator to formulate and complete professional development plans.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates behavior that is conscientious and responsible.
- Engages Parents and guardians in the education of their children.
- Does not engage in discriminatory practices on any basis, including race, origin, gender, socio- economic status, disability, religion, or political beliefs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the site administrator.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Secondary Education from four-year college or university
- Ability to teach English to Other Language Speaking Students
- 3+ years of certified teaching experience
- ESOL Endorsement preferred
- A valid Georgia Administration Certificate or ability to obtain
- Able to pass extensive background check
- 100% employer paid health, dental and vision insurance
- Employer contribution into TRSGA retirement program for employee
- Competitive salary range
- Paid vacation/sick leave
How to Apply
Submit Resumes: email@example.com