Utopian Academy for the Arts
Utopian Academy for the Arts is an independent public charter school network serving elementary and middle school children and families throughout Clayton County, GA. The rationale for the enrollment plan for Utopian Academy for the Arts is to provide a significant educational benefit of having gender-based classroom environments, Saturday School, and classes in the fine, dramatic, and media arts for students in Clayton County, GA.
About the Food Service Assistant
The Food Service Assistant works with cafeteria team to provide assistance in the food service program by preparing and serving food to school children and participate in cleaning of equipment and facilities. Maintains high standards that achieve efficient meal preparation and effective delivery of quality food services. Maintains an orderly and sanitary kitchen.
- Ability to understand and carry out basic kitchen instructions.
- Follows approved food safety procedures.
- Properly store fresh, frozen and leftover food items.
- Follows the published menus. Prepares meals for students with dietary restrictions as directed.
- Monitors compliance with district specifications and mandated regulations (e.g., hazard analysis critical control points, portion size, sanitation procedures, etc.).
- Monitors temperature controls.
- Assists other staff as needed to deal with time constraints and unexpected or urgent situations.
- Sets up serving lines.
- Replenishes supplies to maintain an orderly flow of students. Promptly provides substitute menu items as needed.
- Operates the cash register as directed. Ensures that money is exchanged correctly. Monitors students to help maintain orderly behavior. Does not leave the cash register unattended.
- Cleans/sanitizes work surfaces, equipment, serving lines, kitchen floors.
- Participates in staff meetings and professional growth opportunities as directed.
- Report directly to the Nutrition Manager
- Perform other duties, as deemed appropriate, by the Nutrition Manager and/or School Principal
- High school diploma (or GED).
- Food production skills and the ability to use commercial kitchen equipment.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience, preferred.
- Demonstrated communication skills- Model correct use of language, oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse children, including those with special needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member.
How to Apply
Application and materials should be submitted electronically by the preferred deadline of October 26, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org “Full-Time Food Service Assistant” should be labeled in the Subject Line of your message. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Completed Application for Employment including:
- Cover letter / letter of interest defining your strengths in your subject matter, including your experience with supporting a charter school, or arts integrated school. Please cite specific and measurable examples from your practice that make you a fit for our Part-time Food Service Assistant position.