Georgia Connections Academy
Georgia Connections Academy is a tuition-free, full-time virtual school for students in grades 5-12 throughout Georgia. The school is authorized by the Georgia Charter Schools Commission and governed by an independent Board of Directors, with a mission to maximize academic achievement for students who are seeking other academic options. The school is operated by Georgia Connections Academy, a nonprofit corporation, through a contract with Connections Academy of Georgia, LLC, to provide its educational program and other services. Connections Academy, a division of Connections Education, is accredited by Cognia, (formerly known as AdvancED), and GACA is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Working from the office in Duluth, GA, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Principal of Curriculum and Instruction and will be responsible for completing daily administrative tasks such as answering phones and email, managing reports, special organizational projects, and acting as liaison to other departments, staff, and other community stakeholders. The incumbent’s duties may also include the location, research, and preservation of confidential student information. The work performed by individuals in this job is confidential in nature.
- Supports the administration of District Assessments and data collection processes;
- Obtains, compiles, organizes, and prepares information and data for various reports, meetings/board agendas, ensuring information packages are complete and meet guidelines for submittal;
- Transfers data between the different instructional platforms;
- Coordinates special administrative projects as assigned to include assigning work, providing project information, giving guidance in support of project objectives, and preparing final reports;
- Answers phone, schedules appointments, and provides information regarding office district policies and procedures;
- Screens, respond to, and/or distributes mail as appropriate;
- Schedules appointments;
- Attends meetings to provide or obtain information;
- May act as lead to other staff ensuring smooth workflow, coverage of a position in the absence of an employee, and assists in interpreting policies, procedures, and processes and clarifies as appropriate.
- Reviews expense reports for completeness/submits for reimbursement.
- Effective written and verbal communication with parents, students, staff, and others;
- Support school-wide events and programs such as graduation; and
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
- 1-2 years of working in a school or office setting required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to prioritize tasks, set and meet deadlines, and manage time well.
- Excellent at collaborating with diverse teams.
- Attentive to detail and ability to catch and correct mistakes quickly
- Professional and diplomatic communicator; able to switch between internal and external customers
- Data management and analysis
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer-focused approach
- A high degree of flexibility
- Must report to the Duluth, Georgia office and other in-person meetings and events when required.
- Familiar Excel/Sheets user.
How to Apply
See other positions.