Georgia Connections Academy
At Connections Academy, we help students maximize their potential and meet the highest performance standards through a uniquely individualized learning program. Founded in 2001, we deliver a high-quality, online educational experience to students in grades K-12. Our innovative and personalized e-learning, an award-winning curriculum and Education Management System (EMS), dedicated state-certified teachers, and a supportive school community are what we pride ourselves on. In addition to academics, teachers focus on emotional well-being and social development, working closely with families to help students learn how they learn best. Parents of enrolled students consistently share their satisfaction with Connections Academy: 92% “would recommend the schools to other families” and 95% say the curriculum is “high quality.” As of this year, Connections Academy-supported public schools serve students in 29 states, while our private online school, Pearson Online Academy meets the online school needs of students worldwide. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum and leadership, Connections Academy is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success. Connections Academy is part of the global learning company, Pearson, and its Online & Blended Learning group. For more information, visit www.ConnectionsAcademy.com or call 1-800-382-6010 .
Georgia Connections Academy is a tuition-free, full-time virtual school for students in grades 5-12 throughout Georgia. The school is authorized by the Georgia Charter Schools Commission and governed by an independent Board of Directors, with a mission to maximize academic achievement for students who are seeking other academic options. The school is operated by Georgia Connections Academy, a nonprofit corporation, through a contract with Connections Academy of Georgia, LLC, to provide its educational program and other services. Connections Academy, a division of Connections Education, is accredited by AdvancED, and GACA is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement.
Georgia Connections Academy strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Working from our office in Duluth, Georgia, the School Enrollment Specialist will work with prospective families during the enrollment of their students. The School Enrollment Specialist will work closely with the Enrollment staff at the Corporate Office in Columbia, MD to coordinate the enrollment process. The enrollment process includes: initial registration, document submission and verification, confirmation of enrollment, ordering materials. Additionally, the School Enrollment Specialist will provide the highest standard in customer service to prospective families. A successful candidate will remain current on regulations and requirements for Connections Academy as related to student data and school specific deadlines. The Enrollment Department is the critical first connection between Connections Academy and our families, and it is essential that the School Enrollment Specialist facilitate professional, sensitive, informative and responsive interactions that turn potential students into long-time members of the Connections Academy family.
The School Enrollment Specialist will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Assist families through the application process by answering questions pertaining to enrollment and general school questions regarding educational placement;
- Provide feedback to parents regarding their student’s enrollment status;
- Navigate the Learning Management System (LMS) to provide accurate and timely replies to families;
- Communicate with families that are missing vital application data;
- Ensure the delivery of enrollment documents to the Corporate Office;
- Identify families who may need additional support through the enrollment process;
- Communicate with parents that have complaints regarding enrollment and escalate to Director of Enrollment when needed;
- Generate weekly and monthly reports from the LMS to determine which families are missing required documentation;
- Coordinate and collect post-enrollment data; and
- Other duties as assigned
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Knowledge of online student information systems, preferred
- Technologically proficient (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office programs)
- Highly organized, self-motivated, hard worker
- Ability to pay close attention to detail is essential
- Ability to manage stressful situations in a calm, courteous and efficient manner
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer focused approach
- High degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
- Team player track record
How to Apply
July 31, 2022