Dekalb Preparatory Academy
Our experiential curriculum intertwines sciences, humanities, and the arts to prepare children to shape our world.
We believe in our responsibility to partner with parents, creating an ideal environment in which students will have the opportunity to:
- Strive for academic excellence
- Explore a diverse curriculum
- Prepare to succeed in a global environment
- Provide service to a growing community
- Participate in character education, developing a respect for others through exemplary mentorship
- Experience cooperative educational communities in all content areas from fine arts to technology
- Develop students into life-long learners.
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Teaches grade relevant, subject matter specific and mandated curriculum.
- Collaborates with school-based administrators in the development and implementation of instructional plans to provide differentiated instruction for gifted and talented students.
- Prepares lesson plans, instructional aids, and supplemental teaching materials.
- Assesses, documents and prepares reports such as achievement progress, grade and classroom performance, and attendance.
- Participates in student development and achievement related conferences with parents, students, counselors, teachers, principal, and/or administrators.
- Performs general instruction coordination duties such as ordering materials, attending meetings, and engaging in various forms or correspondence.
- Attends professional learning sessions and/or required conferences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a Professional Standards Commission approved accredited college or university in relevant educational field required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PERMITS:
- Valid Professional Standards Commission approved certificate in appropriate educational field at level T-4 or above required.
- Valid Professional Standards Commission approved subject-specific endorsements required.
- 100% employer paid health, dental and vision insurance
- Employer contribution into TRSGA retirement program for employee
- Competitive salary range
- Paid vacation/sick leave
How to Apply
Submit Resumes: firstname.lastname@example.org