Georgia Connections Academy
Georgia Connections Academy is a tuition-free, full-time virtual school for students in grades 6-12 throughout Georgia. The school is authorized by the Georgia Charter Schools Commission and governed by an independent Board of Directors, with a mission to maximize academic achievement for students who are seeking other academic options. The school is operated by Georgia Connections Academy, a nonprofit corporation, through a contract with Connections Academy of Georgia, LLC, to provide its educational program and other services. Connections Academy, a division of Connections Education, is accredited by AdvancED, and GACA is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement.
- Must reside in the state of Georgia
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Georgia Teaching Certification in Computer Science or Engineering
- Georgia Clearance Certificate
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Location: Working from home, and as assigned in the Duluth, Georgia office
The High School Computer Science Teacher will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Implementing and growing the Computer Science CTAE pathway;
- Managing the instructional program for students. Implementing researched-based instructional practices that result in increased student performance;
- Cultivating the students’ interest in education and development;
- Developing curriculum to meet developmental goals and instructional activities;
- Grading assignments in a timely manner and measuring progress of students towards their academic achievements on a regular basis, providing progress reports as required;
- Evaluating students’ progress and evaluating data to develop appropriate instructional strategies;
- Creating positive relationships with students through frequent contacts via phone calls, webmail, and LiveLesson;
- Creating positive relationships with caretakers and families through phone calls and webmail;
- Working collaboratively with learning team and department;
- Communicating effectively with all members of the school district and community;
- Attending all in-person events and meetings as required;
- Attending all state testing, as required; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience teaching in a virtual classroom
- Experience with Google Suites
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding presentation and interpersonal abilities
- React to change productively, and be able to handle tasks as assigned
- A willingness to collaborate with teams
- A competent professional with in-depth knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational processes
Georgia Connections Academy strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
How to Apply
Please apply here.