Georgia Connections Academy
Georgia Connections Academy is a tuition-free, full-time virtual school for students in grades 5-12 throughout Georgia. The school is authorized by the Georgia Charter Schools Commission and governed by an independent Board of Directors, with a mission to maximize academic achievement for students who are seeking other academic options. The school is operated by Georgia Connections Academy, a nonprofit corporation, through a contract with Connections Academy of Georgia, LLC, to provide its educational program and other services. Connections Academy, a division of Connections Education, is accredited by AdvancED, and GACA is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Location: Working from home, and as assigned, in the GACA office
Travel: Travel for state testing events as assigned
The High School ELA Teacher will be responsible for:
- Managing the instructional program for students. Implementing researched-based instructional practices that result in increased student performance
- Cultivating the students’ interest in education and development
- Developing curriculum to meet developmental goals and instructional activities
- Grading assignments in a timely manner and measuring progress of students towards their academic achievements on a regular basis, providing progress reports as required
- Evaluating students’ progress and evaluating data to develop appropriate instructional strategies
- Creating positive relationships with students through frequent contacts via phone calls, webmail, and LiveLesson
- Creating positive relationships with caretakers and families through phone calls and webmail
- Working collaboratively with learning team and department
- Communicating effectively with all members of the school district and community.
- Attending all in-person events and meetings, as required
- Attending all state testing, as required
- Highly qualified and certified to teach Secondary English/Language Arts in Georgia
- Experience teaching in a virtual classroom
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft Office products and Google Suite)
- Exceptional customer service skills with a student and family focused approach
- Strong interpersonal skills which include the ability to work effectively with students, parents, staff, and community members from diverse backgrounds.
- Highly organized and punctual
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
- Team player track record
- Candidate must be a competent professional with in-depth knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational processes. The ideal candidate should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrate outstanding presentation and interpersonal abilities, react to change productively and be able to handle tasks as assigned
How to Apply
Please apply here.