Ivy Prep Academy
Ivy Prep Academy has an established culture of achievement whereby academic success is vital, and the development of a girl’s individual potential is central. All Ivy Prep scholars receive a personalized education plan that guides their journey to success. They are taught by highly effective teachers who understand how girls learn best, and how to inspire each scholar to reach their potential.
We go beyond math, science, and language arts. Our rigorous curriculum and after school activities expose scholars to a host of academic and social avenues, including coding, public speaking, foreign language, college-career readiness tours, physical education, music, dance, step, cheerleading and more.
The Math Coach will support all staff assigned to in the implementation of the site mathematics plan and program. The Coach will work directly with teachers in a school providing classroom-based demonstrations, collaborative and one-to-one support, and facilitating teacher inquiry and related professional development. The Coach will focus on enhancing teachers’ ability to provide instruction that builds scholars’ sense of engagement in the ownership of learning. The Coach will also work with administrators and teachers to collect and analyze data, interpret, and use it to guide instructional decisions
- Analyzes class and grade level data in mathematics for the purpose of sharing information with teachers and making informed decisions relative to instructional practices.
- Assesses skills and needs (both initially and ongoing) of teachers and students within a school setting for the purpose of determining the kinds of professional development and strategies needed to bring about scholar achievement and gains in value added scores in mathematics.
- Leads and participates in on-going and job-embedded professional development (e.g. meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information related to math content knowledge, pedagogy, and coaching.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic files and/or records (e.g. Benchmark data, scholar records, other data regarding math proficiency etc.) for the purpose of determining success of math coaching on scholar achievement.
- Mentors and coaches teachers for the purpose of building capacity to teach and improving mathematics instruction. Prepares lesson plans, in collaboration with teachers, related to mathematics at all levels for the purpose of for the purposes of differentiating instruction and adhering to scope and sequence guides and district curriculum.
- Researches and prepares a variety of written and electronic materials (e.g. lesson plans, scope and sequence guides, classroom materials, reports, etc.) for the purpose of demonstrating best practices in math instruction, documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- (At least 70% of Math coach’s time shall be devoted to coaching to include, but not limited to, co-teaching, collaboration, and facilitation of instructional strategies, modeling, observing, and providing feedback.)
- Identify mathematics manipulative for use in all grade levels in support of the curriculum.
- Provide curriculum support and training for all teachers and continuous staff development that supports school division initiatives.
- Model and coach instructional methods in a variety of settings (whole group and small group) and provide follow-up support.
- Collaborate with and coach teachers on the use of assessment data to plan instruction; analyze school Math data and plan for future math needs
- Provide ongoing training and follow-up in the use of assessment tools.
- Select instructional materials to meet scholar needs.
- Participate in collaborative instructional planning.
- Assess scholars using a variety of measures to determine appropriate placement and specific instructional needs.
- Conduct classroom visitations and provides feedback to teachers and administrators on the school’s literacy program.
- Serve as a liaison between the school and the Department of Curriculum and Instruction by attending meetings and disseminating information.
- Maintain an organized system and accessible location for the storage and circulation of reading and writing materials.
- Maintain a comprehensive inventory of instructional materials and resources.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of parent workshops and informational sessions involving the Math program.
- Participate in parent conferences and provide instructional suggestions.
- Remain grounded in content standards and objectives in order to facilitate integrated and concept-based instruction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of GSE curriculum and techniques for integrating curriculum, IPAK policies and effective instructional practices; knowledge of the needs of students requiring remedial reading instruction; thorough understanding of the teaching and learning process; ability to provide instruction that reflects multiple perspectives and multicultural education; ability to infuse technology into curriculum; ability to guide and train teachers in effective techniques and strategies; ability to work effectively with administrators, colleagues, central office, school based staff, students, parents and community; ability to use diagnostic data to tailor instruction to meet the needs of the student(s); excellent organizational, communication, and human relations skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must possess a Master’s degree and be eligible for a Georgia Professional Learning with an endorsement such as a Instructional Coaching. Three (3) years of successful classroom teaching experience in which the teaching of Math was the primary responsibility, required. A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.