The R.I.S.E. Schools
The RISE Schools is looking for a self-disciplined and highly motivated individual for the role of IT Associate to provide entry-level tier-one customer support to students, faculty, and staff of the RISE Schools. Duties of this position include:
- Reboots or troubleshoot power issues, functional issues on network equipment (Dmarc, switches, possibly servers, Chromebooks, laptops, WAPS, misc, etc.) per the network Admin
- Solves app and device level issues in tandem with the other TA and the Network Admin
- 1st/2nd level user support, troubleshooting 15-25 minutes then issues spare devices as further investigation is needed. (Not booting, not responding, app errors, apps crash, updates, Anti-Virus)
- Continues to see through final solution of above while updating ticket with Front End Support and completely resolving the user issue
- Google and Windows based Smart Board knowledge and connectivity
- Basic networking troubleshooting (DHCP, IP Addressing)
- Creates FAQs to resolve common issues like installing a printer for example
- Creates confidence in the support system with good turn around
- Manages and maintains all school owned devices via Support tickets
- Submits warranty or insurance claims where applicable for devices
- Works with Facilities for vendor solvable issues (AE devices to printers for example)
- Works with support with vendors of hardware (cameras or Smart board vendor for example)
- Some on-call availability at separate times or early/after hours on site (Examples: AV updates, testing times, after hours hardware updates, Windows updates, Internet outages, special functions that use tech, new hardware install over the weekend, holiday, or summer vacations.
- Responding to phone calls, chat support, and email tickets to ensure each customer always receives outstanding service
- Addressing and resolving questions, completing appropriate tracking, and routing within an incident tracking tool contributing to documentation and frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Works with a front-end support and other IT Departments or utilizes support directly to take in and resolve open tickets works with staff, principals, and teachers in tandem.
- Able to work cooperatively as a team with same level support
- Solves repetitive issues and adds then to a central knowledge base (simple password reset, question answering, point a user to a solution they can utilize in the future, direct support to an educational app portal for example) or assigns them as needed
- Verifies and rolls out testing devices
- Works with Testing Lead/Network Admin and proctors to have devices ready for testing day
- Troubleshoots testing devices after a working replacement device has been assigned
- Should familiarize and train to use DRC content server and online tools for DRC based testing (GAMS/WIDA for example)
- Will need to attend standardized testing training and familiarize with testing documentation and procedure provided by Drcdirect.
Typically requires an Associate’s Degree or higher or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstration of exceptional customer service skills, basic problem-solving skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail are essential to the success of this position.·
A Google Certification or experience (varies)
Understand the basics of Google Admin Console (GAC) preferred in Google Workspace for Education Plus
Able to understand Google Classroom, Apps, Drive, Device management to start and find a solution for others based on this knowledge
Enrolls new Windows and Chrome devices with understanding of this procedure (Streamlines procedure)
Windows and MSOffice/365 knowledge (Windows 10 and up)
How to Apply
All interested candidates should click here to apply for a position.