Dekalb Preparatory Academy
Our experiential curriculum intertwines sciences, humanities, and the arts to prepare children to shape our world.
We believe in our responsibility to partner with parents, creating an ideal environment in which students will have the opportunity to:
- Strive for academic excellence
- Explore a diverse curriculum
- Prepare to succeed in a global environment
- Provide service to a growing community
- Participate in character education, developing a respect for others through exemplary mentorship
- Experience cooperative educational communities in all content areas from fine arts to technology
- Develop into life-long learners
- Provide academic subject instruction in science, ensuring that curriculum map and schedule are followed.
- Plan for class activities, including preparing units and daily lesson plans, identifying materials to implement class activities, preparing class projects, giving children feedback on completed work to insure mastery of presented material, and grading of tests and assignments in a timely manner.
- Confer with other teachers concerning cross-curricular opportunities.
- Communicate with parents on a regular basis about schedule, assignments, events, and individual student needs. Meet with parents during scheduled conferences during the school year.
- Maintain grades and curriculum assessments online.
- Attend weekly faculty meetings with division head and curriculum meetings as needed.
- Exhibits enthusiasm for science, engineering, and STEAM.
- Collaborates as a team player with teaching colleagues and administration.
- Sees the school as a community.
- Supports school by attending school sponsored events and activities.
- Commits to ongoing professional development via workshop attendance, visiting other schools, and webinars.
- Learns new skills and integrates technology as changing pedagogy dictates.
- Models self-disciplined and ethical behavior.
- 100% employer paid health, dental and vision insurance
- Employer contribution into TRSGA retirement program for employee
- Competitive salary range
- Paid vacation/sick leave
How to Apply
Submit Resumes: firstname.lastname@example.org