Fulton Academy of Science and Technology
The Principal serves as the instructional and strategic leader for the school; provides instructional and professional leadership to faculty and staff members; administers all components of a school including instructional leadership, curriculum implementation, monitoring of instruction, maintenance of physical plant, budget management, decision making based on data, builds a safe and engaging learning environment, and ensures compliance with state and federal laws.
– Master’s Degree in Education, Educational Administration, or a closely related field. Specialist or Doctorate Degree preferred,
– 3+ years school level leadership experience, preferably within a public or charter school.
– 5+ years in K-8 classroom teaching in a public, private or charter school.
– Recruit, train, motivate, and retain a high-quality team that promotes and espouses the mission and vision of the school.
– Proven track record of ability to lead and meet established objectives to create positive outcomes in the school environment.
– Ability to organize programs, personnel, and activities required for productive learning in the school and virtually
– Ability to analyze data to drive decisions.
– Lead innovating/design thinking instruction for all students
– Ability to apply critical thinking skills in rendering solutions to various issues.
– Ability to manage financial, materials, and human resources effectively. – Proven excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
– Proven ability to make recommendations on various topics, whether detailed, controversial, simple, or complex.
– Ability to develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate program goals and initiatives.
– Ability to exercise strict confidence in handling sensitive information – Familiarity with the Design Thinking Model.
– Familiarity with the Fulton Academy of Science and Technology (FAST) Charter.
– FAST is a public charter school of choice in Fulton County Schools. – Design thinking is core to the mission of the school. Innovative instruction and student tasks provide challenging learning experiences. Students also have an additional hour of class four days a week for a class devoted to Innovation.
– Parents who choose FAST for their children are looking for something different for their children’s education.
– FAST has high academic expectations and is not solely focused on state-mandated testing to the degree that learning does not pause for the sake of review. – Learning does not stop after testing. FAST, while only in the sixth year of operation, is recognized as a high performing school.
– A personal network of school leaders, especially charter school leaders, will be helpful to our future principal.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Submit the following documents to email@example.com .Deadline: November 29
Cover letter summarizing interest, skills, and qualifications.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Names, home or mailing addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of at least three (3) professional references, one of whom should be a current or former supervisor.
- On a separate page, please answer the following questions (Include question and response):
- Have you ever received an overall unsatisfactory, ineffective, or needs development rating on an Annual Performance Evaluation? If yes, list the ratings and year(s).
- Have you resigned or been discharged from any position including the Armed Forces, while under suspicion of having engaged in criminal, immoral, or unprofessional conduct? Are you now under investigation for any such charge or have you resigned in lieu of being discharged? Explain.
- Have you ever been convicted of any felony or misdemeanor or pled Nolo Contendre? Are you now under investigation for any such offense other than a minor traffic offense? For the purpose of this application, DUI (Driving Under the Influence), DWI (Driving While Intoxicated), and BWI (Boating While Intoxicated), must be reported. Explain
- Have you ever had any disciplinary action taken against you by a previous employer or State Licensing Agency? Disciplinary actions may include a written reprimand, suspension, demotion, or non-renewal (do not include a reduction in force). Explain.