The R.I.S.E. Schools
The Chief Financial Officer will direct and manage the financial affairs of Rise Charter Schools. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining the general ledger; reviewing, reconciling and reporting general ledger accounts for funds of Rise Charter Schools. The Deputy Director of Finance and Operations will provide accounting support to all campuses and departments, daily. The incumbent will supervise both Business Director and Facilities and Operations Director positions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Manage and Review
- Operational oversight of both the Business Director and Facilities and Operations Director
- Manage all aspects of financial reporting including but not limited to State Per Pupil funds, Federal Grant monies (Title I, II, etc.), donations, student activity funds, Internal, General and Child Nutrition Funds and all other monies received for the operation of our schools.
- Manage and coordinate annual audit and produce timely and accurate Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and ensure CAFR is filed with all applicable parties by required deadlines and in manner prescribed by law
- Prepare accurate Monthly Financial Statements for Board review and yearly projections for funds and make Executive Director aware of any financial/budget issues
- Serve as investment officer of the Rise Charter Schools and invest funds in instruments that comply with the Georgia State Law and district policy
- Manage relationships with all bond holders and be responsible for complying with all aspects of our bonds
- Review and post journal entries and wires and ensure compliance with all rules and District policies
- Supervise all accounting and financial reporting systems, ensuring accuracy and consistency with generally accepted accounting principles
- Evaluate accounting procedures, systems and controls in all departments and recommend improvements in their design, implementation and maintenance
- Review and Calculate Annual Maintenance and Debt Tax Rate, Prepare and Review Preliminary Offering Statements
- Be the final approver of all payroll transactions, except their own personal compensation which will be approved by the Executive Director
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the above essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities, required unless otherwise stated as preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees In Accounting, Finance or related field required from an accredited college or university preferred
- Certified Public Accountant License (CPA) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years in accounting or school district
- Strong, effective oral and written communication skills and ability to use computer and software to develop spreadsheets, perform and interpret data
- Experience in accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, and accounting systems.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in classrooms, offices, workstations and meeting rooms.
The position requires occasional walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and lifting/carrying work related items weighing less than 40 pounds, such as books, papers and presentation materials. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Attendance at conferences and professional development is required. Work involves everyday risks and discomforts which require normal safety precautions when operating equipment or performing job duties. May work prolonged or irregular hours and must be able to maintain emotional control under stress.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift, Monday through Friday and some weekends.
- Accounting: 5 year (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
How to Apply
All interested candidates should email email@example.com to apply for a position.