Dekalb Preparatory Academy
DeKalb Preparatory Academy is a diverse community where teachers, children, parents, and leaders learn together. Students cultivate knowledge and learn to think critically and act collaboratively and compassionately.
Our experiential curriculum intertwines sciences, humanities, and the arts to prepare children to shape our world.
We believe in our responsibility to partner with parents, creating an ideal environment in which students will have the opportunity to:
- Strive for academic excellence
- Explore a diverse curriculum
- Prepare to succeed in a global environment
- Provide service to a growing community
- Participate in character education, developing a respect for others through exemplary mentorship
- Experience cooperative educational communities in all content areas from fine arts to technology
- Develop students into life-long learners
Summary of Position:
The school nurse is a detailed oriented and highly motivated nurse able to handle a variety of students and issues that arise during the school day. The Nurse is very organized and current with all new procedures and professional development within the school system.
- Developing plans for student care based on assessment, interventions, and identification of outcomes, and the evaluation of care
- Perform health screenings i.e., hearing and vision
- Serving as consultants with other school professionals, such as food service personnel, physical education teachers, coaches, and counselors
- Providing health-related education to students and staff in both individual and group settings
- Monitoring immunizations, managing communicable diseases, and assessing the school environment as to prevent injury and ensure safety
- Overseeing infection control measures
- Actively participating in school safety plans that address school violence, bullying, and emergencies that may occur at school
- Overseeing medication administration, health care procedures, and the development of healthcare plans
- Overseeing vision, hearing, body mass index, and mental health screening procedures
- Making decisions related to the delegation of healthcare tasks as directed by state laws and professional practice guidance
- Providing health advice to school educational teams, such as the Committee on Special Education and the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) team
- Assisting families with locating outside care and obtaining health insurance
- Provide healthcare to students and staff
- Coordinate referrals to private healthcare providers
- Serve as liaisons between school personnel, family, and community healthcare providers to ensure a healthy school environment
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Professional demeanor.
- Maintains professional and friendly demeanor.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills.
- Capable of managing time efficiently.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task effectively.
- Works well with a variety of students, administrators, and parents.
- Possesses basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates strong writing and editing abilities.
- Possesses excellent telephone etiquette.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrates familiarity with basic office equipment such as multi-line phones, fax machines, and scanners.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Nursing Certification from Department of Education recommended.
- Previous work experience in a school nurse setting is recommended.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a doctor’s office setting.
- 100% employer paid health, dental and vision insurance
- Employer contribution into TRSGA retirement program for employee
- Competitive salary range
- Paid vacation/sick leave
How to Apply
Submit Resumes: email@example.com