Dekalb Preparatory Academy
DeKalb Preparatory Academy is a diverse community where teachers, children, parents, and leaders learn together. Students cultivate knowledge and learn to think critically and act collaboratively and compassionately.
Our experiential curriculum intertwines sciences, humanities, and the arts to prepare children to shape our world.
We believe in our responsibility to partner with parents, creating an ideal environment in which students will have the opportunity to:
- Strive for academic excellence
- Explore a diverse curriculum
- Prepare to succeed in a global environment
- Provide service to a growing community
- Participate in character education, developing a respect for others through exemplary mentorship
- Experience cooperative educational communities in all content areas from fine arts to technology
- Develop students into life-long learners
- Answer telephone and addresses caller questions and concerns.
- Transfers calls to proper individual and/or department as needed.
- Mails student report cards, school brochures, and nutrition information, other necessary forms of district wide mailing.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail.
- Welcomes visitors to the school and provides directions around the building as needed.
- Post school wide communications to Dojo.
- Write letters of correspondence.
- Type up and contribute to school bulletin or newsletter.
- Provides students with tardy slips.
- Maintain records of student absences.
- Manages and updates school calendar.
- Provides administrative support to principal or other upper level administrator as needed.
- Takes dictation and transcribes documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Professional demeanor.
- Maintains professional and friendly demeanor.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills.
- Capable of managing time efficiently.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task effectively.
- Works well with a variety of students, administrators and parents.
- Possesses basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates strong writing and editing abilities.
- Possesses excellent telephone etiquette.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrates familiarity with basic office equipment such as multi-line phones, fax machines, and scanners.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is recommended.
- Previous work experience in an office setting is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in an office setting.
- 100% employer paid health, dental and vision insurance
- Employer contribution into TRSGA retirement program for employee
- Competitive salary range
- Paid vacation/sick leave
How to Apply
Submit Resumes: firstname.lastname@example.org