Georgia Connections Academy
Georgia Connections Academy is a tuition-free, full-time virtual school for students in grades 5-12 throughout Georgia. The school is authorized by the Georgia Charter Schools Commission and governed by an independent Board of Directors, with a mission to maximize academic achievement for students who are seeking other academic options. The school is operated by Georgia Connections Academy, a nonprofit corporation, through a contract with Connections Academy of Georgia, LLC, to provide its educational program and other services. Connections Academy, a division of Connections Education, is accredited by AdvancED, and GACA is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Working from our office in Duluth, Georgia the Administrative Assistant is responsible for daily administrative tasks of the school such as answering enrollment phone calls and emails about GACA special education program, receiving visitors, assisting the Special Education Director, Office Manager, and Special Education Teachers with administrative tasks, filing and other duties as assigned.
- Entering special education data into the online student information system for FTE reporting;
- Able to identify FTE data from special education documents such as IEPs, initial eligibility paperwork, re-evaluation data, and computer generated reports
- Generating reports;
- Sending and receiving legal documents for signature
- Maintaining record of legal documents sent and received
- Answering the phones;
- Scheduling appointments;
- Respond to emails;
- Speak with Parents and Students;Requesting Special Education Records from prior schools around the state of Georgia
- Working with districts throughout the state of Georgia to expedite special education record requests
- Assist Special Education Director with a wide variety of daily responsibilities; and
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and web-based applications is essential (Proficiency with Google tools is more important)
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and highly effective organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer focused approach
- High degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Intrinsically motivated
- Able to work with and safeguard confidentiality
- Must report to the Duluth, Georgia office
- College experience preferred
- Previous experience in Special Education administrative work preferred
How to Apply
Please apply here.