Georgia Connections Academy
Working from our office in Duluth, Georgia, or from your home in Georgia, the High School Special Education Case Manager will “virtually” manage a caseload for students with special needs. The Special Education Case Manager will participate in all steps of the IEP process. They will work closely with other teachers and district professionals to ensure that the school’s special education program is successful and operating in compliance with federal and state regulations. The Special Education Case Manager will utilize technology to complete IEP, reevaluation, eligibility, and progress monitoring reporting for students on their caseload.
The Special Education Case Manager will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Develop, write and help implement IEPs;
- Ensure 100% compliance of all IDEA documentation
- Evaluate tests and assessments, complete progress monitoring
- Communicate regularly with parents/learning coaches of students with special needs to insure that their IEP goals are being met, and that their needs are addressed in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Consult with teachers and coordinate the implementation of specially designed instruction as defined in the IEP regarding students with specific needs and potential learning issues;
- Schedule, organize and conduct IEP related meetings in a virtual environment, as needed;
- Help teachers and learning coaches develop and implement program modifications and strategies for all students;
- Assist, as needed, with the organization and proper implementation of all paperwork, documentation and procedures for the IEP process;
- Communicate with providers for students needing related services as mandated by their IEPs;
- Collaborate with third party companies to assist with services and transition planning
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date data in the school’s Learning Management System and special education software;
- Assist with administering state testing and coordinate the special adaptations that are required based on the IEP; and
- Complete transition interviews and draft an effective transition plan
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Special Education or related Education Field
- Valid Georgia Special Education certification
- Experience in policy (IDEA) and/or administration with Special Education
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft Office products)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer focused approach
- High degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
- Team player track record
- Willingness to travel on occasion for marketing and state testing events (may require occasional overnight travel)
Georgia Connections Academy strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
How to Apply
Please apply here.