Dekalb Preparatory Academy
Special Education Teacher Requirements:
Identifies educational needs and provides instruction to students with specific learning disabilities, mild intellectual disabilities, autism, other health impaired, traumatic brain injury, and emotional and behavioral disorders.
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Instruct students based on Individualized Education Plans (IEPs); assesses and monitors student progress.
• Develops lesson plans; identifies instructional materials; assesses equipment needs to augment instruction; maintains student data; utilizes a variety of instructional strategies to improve student achievement in a general curriculum; and promotes positive student behavior.
• Schedules and prepares relevant paperwork; and conducts IEP meetings.
• Consults and collaborates with parents, teachers, administrators, and other professionals regarding students’ educational programming.
• Participates in departmental meetings and professional learning activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Current licensure in Special Education
- Experience with deaf and hard of hearing students preferred but not required
- Commitment to and experience working with underserved communities
- Determination to drive student achievement and set high expectations for all students
- Demonstrated expertise in subject area of choice
- 100% employer paid health, dental and vision insurance
- Employer contribution into TRSGA retirement program for employee
- Competitive salary range
- Paid vacation/sick leave
How to Apply
Submit Resumes: firstname.lastname@example.org