Utopian Academy for the Arts
About Utopian Academy for the Arts
Utopian Academy for the Arts is a free, high-performing, and growing public charter school network that serves elementary, middle, and high school students in metro Atlanta. Utopian’s theory of change is outlined in their mission statement: Through a structured and supportive environment, the Utopian Academy for the Arts will develop academic and artistic students to enter and to succeed in the global society, with proficiency to enroll in a college, university or specialty school of their choice. Since 2013, our educational model has leveraged the positive effects of arts education to engage and inspire students, develop their academic and artistic potential, and prepare them to be leaders in their communities.
About the Food & Nutrition Services Program Consultant
Utopian Academy for the Arts is seeking to hire an experienced Food & Nutrition Services Consultant to provide an array of long-term supports toward the oversight, management, and growth of the charter school network’s food and nutrition services operations.
- Supervise food production in an organized and efficient manner consistent with local, state and national standards of food production and services.
- Work cooperatively with the Food & Nutrition Services Director to oversee the development of menus, proper food service and quantities, monitor hours of service and complete meal pattern documents.
- Work cooperatively with the Food & Nutrition Services Director to oversee the compliant counting of meals served, maintain compliance with the POS systems & produce accurate reports related to meal counts.
- Work cooperatively with the Food & Nutrition Services Director to order, receive, handle, prepare and supervise safe compliant meal service according to established food preparation standards.
- Participate in and provide required training to maintain the safe and sanitary practices of the SNP operation that meets or exceeds the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) standards.
- Ensures the accuracy, organization and timely submission of all daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports required FNS reports meeting required deadlines.
- Prepares IFBs under the supervision of the GaDOE FNS Procurement Specialist, posts the document and monitors the closing dates. Follows procurement procedures in selecting contractors and awarding bids.
- Supports Food & Nutrition Services Director in submitting claims for payment of reimbursable meals on a monthly basis.
- Education Level: Associate or Specialized Training in School Nutrition Services, Point of Sale Software Preferred and Experience in Food Orders, inventory, & nutritional analysis.
- Experience Desired: Previous Experience in Food & Nutrition Services
- Skills Qualifications: Excellent oral & written communication skills, organizational skills, ability to supervise staff, provide training in safe food service compliance, develop relationships with staff, students, and parents, and learn new software systems to support food service
- Physical Requirements: This position requires the physical ability to stand for prolonged periods
of time, walk, talk, hear, stoop, kneel, and crouch. The position will require the ability to handle, feel, finger, and reach, move, push, pull. The position may require the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. This position requires visual acuity and peripheral skills to observe at both near-point or far-point distances. Reasonable accommodations may be made with individuals with disabilities.
Important Requirements: Nutrition Employees must obtain SafeServe Certification within 90 days of employment and complete up to 20 hours of training through the GaDOE or local FNS training options.
How to Apply
Application and materials should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Food & Nutrition Services Program Consultant” should be labeled in the Subject Line of your message. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Completed Application for Employment including: