Education Networking Mixer
January 28 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm EST
The Education Networking Mixer is for education leaders interested in new opportunities in school leadership and school design. Click here to register.
Join Charter Incubator fellows and alumni to learn more about the Charter Incubator Fellowship and application deadlines.
- Get inside information on how to best position yourself and/or team for the interview process.
- Find out about how others have completed this fellowship while working full-time in schools and organizations.
- Learn how GCSA supports fellows to open and/or lead a new charter school anywhere in the state of Georgia.
More about the GCSA Charter Incubator Fellowship
The GCSA Charter Incubator Fellowship is designed to provide an intentional pathway to school leadership and design through coaching, training, and implementation support. GCSA has a 100% petition approval for the last three years. With the knowledge and experience of forming schools, we collaborate with fellows to prepare them for envisioning a strong educational option for students and laying the groundwork for these visions to manifest by helping to navigate the charter petition process.
We are looking for mission-oriented candidates for our 2020 incubator program who seek to serve a high need, low-income community in either an urban or rural community in Georgia. Interested candidates can either apply as an individual or a team to create a charter school. If applying as a team, the team will be expected to serve as the founding governing board of the school. If selected, the Incubator will collaborate with candidates over a year to adequately prepare boards for charter petition approval.
What is GCSA looking for? Who should apply?
This fellowship is open to nationwide candidates interested in opening a charter school within the state of Georgia. We are seeking individuals with deep school-based experiences. If a governing team is applying, they must represent a diverse skillset and knowledge to guide them throughout the charter process (school leadership, organizational management, education, law, finance, realty, etc.). Each individual or team will be assessed in the following areas throughout the interview process:
- A deep belief that all students deserve access to an excellent education regardless of his or her background. The right candidates will be committed to expanding opportunities for students in low- income communities. Their approaches are grounded in a deep knowledge of the systemic challenges, unwavering conviction, and dedication to ensuring that every student has an environment where they can thrive
- Have entrepreneurial acumen
- Can invest and inspire others towards a common goal
- Have a track record of strong professional achievement
- Candidates applying as individuals should have school leadership experience at the coach level (or other comparable title) or above. If applying as a team/founding governing board, a member of the group must come with comparable school leadership experience.
- A fierce dedication to students and the charter school approval process