Subscribe now to our FY22 Digital Governance Training Series! The training series started on Sept. 1 and goes through June 30, 2022.
Georgia Charter Schools Association is the premier training provider for charter schools across Georgia. Our governance training series is designed to offer locally-approved charter school boards the training, resources and support needed to deliver strategic and effective oversight. In order to meet the requirements of O.C.G.A § 20-2-2072 and SBOE Rule 160-4-9-.06, board training must be conducted by an SBOE-approved provider. All of GCSA’s governance training can apply to the annual charter school board training requirements.
The FY22 governance training content will be launched through Canvas in September. All boards are required to register for the GCSA Digital Governance Training Series in order to gain access for their board members. The GCSA Digital Governance gives boards access to a comprehensive package of digital governance training. The series will allow board members to meet the requirements of SBOE Rule 160-4-9-.06 and increase the effectiveness of their practice. With a GCSA Digital Governance subscription, you will have 3 ways to engage with the content and sessions offered:
- Board Boost
- LIVE Webinars
- ON-DEMAND Webinars
**NEW** GOVERNANCE RESOURCE LIBRARY
- Do you have a particular system you’re trying to develop within the board?
- Are you looking for a template for a particular document?
We think you’ll be excited about this new feature of our digital series! We have compiled a catalog of frequently-requested guidance documents and templates for you to access whenever you need them.
Boards should aim to complete all training by the end of December. The earlier your members are trained, the more time you’ll have to implement the best practices and develop the systems needed to strengthen your leadership and oversight as a board.
Thanks to the feedback received in the FY21 Feedback Survey, we’ve implemented 2 additional forms of support:
1. New Members: We heard you when you shared that there are a lot of hours to complete. To support you in pacing your training, we’ll be offering an intensive in October, where you’ll be able to complete the following: two (2) required training sessions and earn six (6) hours of training credit:
- Best Practices in Charter School Governance
- Funding and Budgeting
2. Technical Support: To support all members in accessing and navigating Canvas, we will hold quick walkthrough sessions each month through December.
FY22 TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
BOARD MEMBERS OF LOCALLY-APPROVED SCHOOLS
The training requirements for board members of locally-approved schools have not changed for FY22. GADOE considers a board member to be NEW if they have served on the board for less than 12 months. Any board member who has served on the board for at least 12 months is considered an EXISTING member. This chart captures the training requirements for all member categories.
LENGTH OF TIME: 3 hours
COST: Member School $1500 Non-Member School: $3000
Every locally-approved charter school board is required to complete a 3-hour whole board team training session. It is required that there be a quorum present during the training and that the training be conducted live (virtually or in-person). Our whole-board team training sessions are customized to ensure that the content is relevant and applicable to your current needs as a board.
- Do you have a critical decision you need to consider?
- Want to know if replication is feasible?
- Are you ready to review/revise your strategic plan?
Let’s get your board on the calendar! Sessions are currently being scheduled for weekday evenings and Saturday mornings. Send an email to Ayana Clarke, Director of Training, at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your FY22 Whole Board Team Training session now!