The Georgia Charter Schools Association (GCSA) is a Georgia non-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation and the membership organization for Georgia’s charter school operators and petitioners, established in 2001.
Our mission is to be an effective advocate and service provider for all charter public schools in Georgia by:
- Advancing awareness of charter schools and their mission
- Increasing awareness that charter schools are public schools
- Communicating charter school needs to state and local officials
- Supporting legislation to strengthen charter schools in Georgia
- Facilitating opportunities for networking and collaboration among charter schools in Georgia and across the nation
- Developing and implementing programs and services that advance student achievement, accountability and success in all of Georgia’s public charter schools
- Training charter school governing boards in best practices to meet DOE and state compliance standards
GCSA membership is open to any charter school developer, petitioner, or operator in the state of Georgia. Charter support organizations and charter school authorizers such as local boards of education, are also members.
GCSA also provides guidance and technical assistance for launching new charter schools, offers professional development opportunities for school leaders and teachers, and builds capacity for charter school leadership through its GaTAPP and CharterLeader programs.
Become a Charter School Advocate
Make your voice heard by joining with thousands of charter school advocates from across Georgia. Advocates include people just like you — parents, teachers, principals, board members, and ordinary citizens. If you’re passionate about ensuring that all students to have access to high-quality, publicly-funded school options, we need your help! Subscribe to our publications, and get involved.
Join a Charter School Board
Are you passionate about expanding quality public education opportunities for more families in Georgia? As our charter school community grows, so does the need for founding board members with the critical skills required to steer charters schools from mission development, through petition submission, to becoming operational.
GCSA is engaged in training individuals who have a heart for education and a desire to serve the charter school community. If you have expertise in education, business, law, human resources, marketing, fundraising, or other specialized fields — or if you have strong community and business ties in a particular community, your service can be invaluable to current or future charter public schools. Email Elisa Falco, or call 470-443-9469 to learn more.