GaTAPP- Georgia Teacher Academy for Preparation and Pedagogy
What is GaTAPP?
The Georgia Teacher Academy for Preparation and Pedagogy (GaTAPP) is an alternate pathway for individuals who hold a bachelor’s degree or higher, in fields of study other than education. GaTAPP is a one to three-year performance-based, job-embedded teacher preparation program for teacher candidates to earn a clear renewable teaching certificate via a blended-model of professional learning and pedagogy seminars, to include the demonstration of proficient classroom performance, diverse field experiences, and support from a field supervisor, job-alike mentor, and school administrator.
The GCSA GaTAPP program is designed to support the needs of its member schools area schools having a way to certify teachers that they hire through an alternative certificate. The GCSA GaTAPP is NOT an employment agency, will not and cannot help an individual with employment. We recommend that a person seeking employment stay current with the postings on the career page of our website, https://www.teachgeorgia.org/, or on the individual school district websites.
THE GCSA GATAPP PROGRAM IS CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING NEW APPLICANTS.
1) DEMONSTRATION OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND DISPOSITIONS: The program shall require the demonstration of competencies in the knowledge, skills, and dispositions required for accomplished teaching.
2) Summative Portfolio-Based Assessment
3) Classroom Observations with Pre/Post-Conferences with Candidate Support Team ( GATAPP Field supervisor, School administrator, School-Based Mentor)
4) Individual Induction Plan
5) Transcripts for completion of all Georgia Special Requirements courses
6) 80 hour course: The Essentials of Effective Teaching -: $500 course fee (All fees are the responsibility of the candidate) Required for candidates and offered during the first semester of enrollment.
7) 100-150 Hours: Field-based, Individualized Coaching/Mentoring
8) Virtual Workshops
1) Observations by assigned Field Supervisor scored at the Proficient performance level
2) E-portfolio based on Danielson’s Frameworks scored at the Proficient performance level
3) Disposition rubrics scored at the Proficient level
4) Summative Portfolio-based assessment.
Length of program
1.5 to 2 years or 3 to 4 academic semesters
All fees are subject to change based on enrollment and are non-refundable
All fees are the responsibility of the candidate
The school or system of employment submits the official transcripts and requests for a Clear-Renewable certificate to the Professional Standards Commission.
For more information or questions about the GCSA GaTAPP program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org