by Georgia Charter Schools Association
Back to school news is front and center as Georgia’s charter schools prepare to welcome students for the 2015-16 year.
- Opening of the new THINc Charter Career Academy is heralded in LaGrange Daily News, and in national business publication
- Petitioners for proposed Brookhaven Innovation Academy go before the SCSC for a second time and are asked to address governance issues
- Local papers run Op Ed’s on the merits of the Brookhaven charter school proposal, one from an Emory faculty member, one from a local teacher.
- AJC also covers the petition effort for Brookhaven Innovation Academy
- Macon Charter Academy opens — first week of school held at Macon Centreplex, local coverage is largely positive
- Birch Communications’ investment in Macon Charter Academy profiled in Middle Georgia Chamber newsletter
- Bibb County Superintendent speaks about goals for the year, he is upbeat on charters.
- CharterConfidential runs Georgia PTO’s Executive Director’s post on the importance of parent engagement as students return to school
- Liberty County opts for charter system (Coastal Georgia)
- Clayton County’s new DuBois Integrity Academy experiences construction delay, but on track to open
- AJC runs a mostly complimentary story on the new Kindezi Old 4th Ward replication, located where The Intown Academy used to be
- GCSA recruits for attendees at upcoming Board Bank trainings
- South Fulton County charter options discussed in back-to-school story