Harriet Tubman School of Science and Technology
For a position to begin in July 2019, HTCS seeks a Founding School Leader who is inspired by its mission and eager to join the community it serves. This is an exciting opportunity for an educational leader with the experience, energy, and enthusiasm to see the school through its startup years and prepare it for a sustainable and impactful future.
The School Leader reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for shaping the academic vision and mission of the school through strong teacher hires, professional development practices, proficient data analysis, community engagement, and management of school staff.
This position calls for a highly-organized leader driven by desire to help close the achievement gap. The School Leader will work to build a culture that fosters academic excellence and strong interpersonal relationships. S/he will be deeply involved in the life of the school and will be vital to creating community among students and families.
Ideally, the founding School Leader will have the following credentials and characteristics:
- A passion for serving educationally and economically disadvantaged students, particularly in an urban setting
- A strong, fair leadership style
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to leverage social media to the school’s advantage
- Understanding and appreciation of Southeast Atlanta
- Teaching experience
- Strong academic credentials, including an advanced degree
- Cultural competence
- Sincere care for the growth and well-being of children
- An authentic, outgoing nature
- A community-oriented outlook
- A growth mindset; great maturity and self- knowledge
How to Apply
Acting on behalf of Harriet Tubman School of Science and Technology, Wickenden Associates is actively recruiting talented academic leaders for this unique leadership opportunity. The lead consultants are James Wickenden (email@example.com) and Peter Thorp. Both may be reached at (609) 683-1355.
Note: This is an expedited search. Candidates are encouraged to contact Wickenden Associates as soon as possible to discuss the opportunity and the application process. Applications will be accepted and evaluated until the position is filled.
Candidates should submit the following:
- A cover letter indicating why they are particularly interested in and qualified for the position.
- A current résumé.
- A statement of educational philosophy.
- The names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references. (Please submit this information on a separate document, not as part of your résumé or cover letter. We will obtain permission from candidates before contacting references.)
- Optional: Other supporting material (e.g. articles, speeches, or letters of recommendation) that would be useful to the Search Committee.
These materials should be transmitted via email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.