Atlanta SMART Academy
ABOUT ATLANTA SMART ACADEMY
The mission of Atlanta SMART Academy is to use science, math and the arts to develop all students into innovative solutionists. Within an engaging, demanding, restorative school community, and with an unwavering focus on high academic growth, Atlanta SMART Academy equips every 5th-8th grade solutionist for success in high school, college and career.
Atlanta SMART Academy is a conduit from elementary school to high school where students develop the critical thinking skills to thrive in a constantly evolving society. We accomplish this by providing a well-rounded education through our four key innovations: project-based learning, extended time, arts-infusion and an advanced curriculum.
Our core values are:
- Creativity: We believe in thinking outside the box and challenging the norm.
- Collaboration: We believe together everyone achieves more, that’s a TEAM.
- Compassion: We believe showing empathy and concern brings out the best in others.
- Competence: We believe with the right tools we can master anything.
We are SMART!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Atlanta SMART Academy seeks a middle school math teacher who will develop all students into innovative solutionists. Through a project-based learning model with an emphasis on science, math, and the arts, students will be challenged to think critically about the world around them. We will leverage technology and engage in an advanced curriculum so that students leave middle school as caring, creative and confident citizens of the world.
Atlanta SMART Academy is founded on the belief that all students are smart and have the capacity to learn at high levels. Teachers here are passionate educators and professionals committed to building a school to transform the educational and life outcomes of students and their families in Atlanta.
- BA/BS from an accredited institution
- At least 1 year of experience working directly with children
- Valid Georgia State Teaching Certificate, (preferred) or willingness to pursue certification
- Belief that all students can learn and achieve at high levels
- Ownership of the responsibility to teach with high expectations
- Ability to give and accept feedback with a growth mindset
- Ability to collaborate with peers
- Attend a summer institute immediately before the start of the school year
- Participate in weekly Professional development
- Lead a student advisory group to provide daily social, emotional and academic support to students
- Participate in professional learning communities for data meetings, coaching and planning
- Participate in student recruitment activities including phone calls, family visits and/or canvassing, as needed
- Additional duties, as requested
$2,000 signing bonus
Free employee medical, dental and vision plans available
Additional life and disability insurance
How to Apply
Visit our website atlantasmartacademy.org and click “Join the Team.”