Who are we looking for:
The Assistant Principal of Centennial Academy is a data-informed, collaborative, and innovative educator that displays a passion for student achievement and socio-emotional development. This individual is relentless in the pursuit of EXCELLENCE for all scholars, and has a track record of closing gaps, making gains, and high student achievement.
Job Summary: Reporting directly to the Principal, the Assistant Principal will coach and manage instructional personnel to strive for Centennial’s core value of EXCELLENCE by ensuring rigorous STEAM-based, standards-aligned, and data-informed instruction in every classroom, for every scholar. This position requires an organized and consistent educator with excellent leadership and management skills and strong knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
The Assistant Principal will possess the ability to motivate teachers and students towards high expectations, build outstanding relationships with stakeholders, and facilitate the development of teachers and staff. In conjunction with the School Leadership Team, the Assistant Principal is responsible for ensuring a positive and structured environment school culture, academic achievement, and stakeholder satisfaction.
The Centennial Academy Assistant Principal will work collaboratively with school leaders, teachers, and scholars to cultivate a structured, joyous, and safe teaching and learning environment that is reflective of Centennial’s mission, vision, values, and goals.
Duties of the Assistant Principal include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with parents, teachers, administrators, and scholars that support a successful learning environment for all
- Establish a positive, structured, and achievement-oriented school culture; support teachers in building positive relationships with scholars and parents
- Provides supervision, support, and development of teachers, staff, and grade-level/ department chairs
- Provides oversight of the execution of academic and SEL programs including but not limited to: Response to Intervention (RTI), Student Support Team (SST), Accelerated Pathway/Gifted Education, Special Education, Personalized Learning, STEAM/Project-based Learning, Socio-Emotional Learning (SEL), and Academic Coaching
- Brings a data-informed approach to scholar and curriculum assessment and decision-making, with expertise in benchmark assessment systems and state standardized tests
- Believes in and has familiarity with differentiated instruction and the ability to advise and mentor teachers in the integration to put into effective teaching practice
- Tracks scholar progress in all content areas and uses data to inform decisions about curriculum and materials, in addition to assisting in the development, implementation, and evaluation of professional need-based and interest-driven teacher development
- Assists with program planning and evaluation activities that improve efficiency and effectiveness of school-wide and grade-level initiatives
- Assists with compiling data from a variety of sources to evaluate assigned programs and related services, develop programs, and make decisions for program enhancement in compliance with financial, legal, and administrative requirements.
- Performs important personnel functions including but not limited to interviewing, training, evaluating, etc. for the purpose of enhancing student achievement, maintaining adequate staffing, enhancing personnel productivity, and achieving program and curriculum objectives
- Evaluates policies, procedures and current practices that are related to assigned program components and curriculum to ensure that programs and services meet student and teacher needs, as well as district and state guidelines
- Oversees curriculum content development and the implementation of programs and projects that enhance scholar achievement and meet objectives.
- Serves as Testing Coordinator for school-based, local, and national assessments
- Collaborates with the Principal on all academic plans for all learning models (i.e. in-person, hybrid, and virtual) as needed
- Serves as a “First Responder” to major discipline concerns in the school, and communicates concerns to parents and teachers accordingly
- Supervises and ensures orderly, safe, and positive school transitions and systems
- Conducts classroom observations and evaluations using the Teacher Keys Effectiveness System (TKES)
- Serves as principal in the absence of the principal and other assistant principal
- Minimum of 2 years Assistant Principal experience REQUIRED; grade 6-8 preferred
- Master’s Degree in Education or a related field
- L5 Georgia Certification, or meeting all requirements for professional leadership certification
- EL Education experience preferred
- STEAM experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience
- 3-4 years of school-based supervision/leadership
- Experience with implementing curriculum at a school-wide level
- Ensure regular and reliable attendance
- Belief that all scholars, regardless of background, have the ability to reach high levels of achievement
- Commitment to the vision, mission, and values of Centennial Academy
- Commitment to excellence
- Normal school-related working conditions to be expected (i.e. standing, sitting, etc.)
- Ability to effectively work with others
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required
How to Apply
Click HERE to submit an application for this position.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.