Dekalb Preparatory Academy
Mission: DeKalb Preparatory Academy is a diverse community where teachers, children, parents, and leaders learn together. Students cultivate knowledge and learn to think critically and act collaboratively and compassionately.
Our experiential curriculum intertwines sciences, humanities, and the arts to prepare children to shape our world.
We believe in our responsibility to partner with parents, creating an ideal environment in which students will have the opportunity to:
- Strive for academic excellence
- Explore a diverse curriculum
- Prepare to succeed in a global environment
- Provide service to a growing community
- Participate in character education, developing a respect for others through exemplary mentorship
- Experience cooperative educational communities in all content areas from fine arts to technology
- Develop students into life-long learners
- Assists the principal in the development, implementation, and evaluation of efforts related to student academic achievement, ensuring that the school meets or makes satisfactory progress towards District standards and goals and Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) student achievement.
- With the principal, provides instructional leadership for school staff; identifies, implements, and monitors school-wide strategies that challenge high achievers and accelerates learning for low achievers; assists in developing appropriate staff development programs designed to improve skills in teaching early adolescents.
- Assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of data-driven procedures in collaboration with building leadership teams and staff; assists in ensuring that budget and staffing are aligned with district goals; uses data to drive all decisions.
- Supervises and evaluates school staff; models District standards of ethics and professionalism; monitors, assists, and evaluates staff implementation of school improvement plans and effective instructional and assessment practices.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and orderly school environment; ensures a positive internal and external appearance of the building in partnership with teachers, parents, students, custodians and other staff; prepares emergency procedures and communicates them to students, teachers, and staff; collaboratively develops and implements a school discipline plan that contains clear expectations, a system of positive reinforcement, and sequential, consistent, progressive consequences; analyzes and utilizes student discipline data to ensure effectiveness of behavioral interventions.
- Assists in shaping a school culture conducive to continuous improvement for students and staff; fosters, recognizes, and supports ethnic, cultural, gender, economic and human diversity throughout the school community, while striving to provide fair and equitable treatment and consideration for all.
- Assists in administering and managing human resources.
- Assists in managing fiscal resources effectively.
- Assists with the development of effective community relationships; seeks community support to form new partnerships as aligned with the school mission, vision and goals.
- Participates in activities to enhance personal and professional development, including District leadership development opportunities; expands use of technology.
- Performs other functions and duties as assigned by the principal.
Job Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Secondary Education from four-year college or university
- Master’s Degree in Secondary Administration
- 5+ years of certified teaching experience
- Administrative experience preferred but not mandatory
- A valid Georgia Administration Certificate or ability to obtain
- Able to pass extensive background check
How to Apply
Submit Resumes: email@example.com