DeKalb Preparatory Academy
Mission: DeKalb Preparatory Academy is a diverse community where teachers, children, parents, and leaders learn together. Students cultivate knowledge and learn to think critically and act collaboratively and compassionately.
Our experiential curriculum intertwines sciences, humanities, and the arts to prepare children to shape our world.
We believe in our responsibility to partner with parents, creating an ideal environment in which students will have the opportunity to:
- Strive for academic excellence.
- Explore a diverse curriculum.
- Prepare to succeed in a global environment.
- Provide service to a growing community.
- Participate in character education, developing a respect for others through exemplary mentorship.
- Experience cooperative educational communities in all content areas from fine arts to technology.
- Develop students into life-long learners.
The Elementary School Principal of Dekalb Preparatory Academy provides the vision and leadership to promote and sustain high academic achievement for all students. Serves as the schools instructional leader. They implement systemic quality assurance processes to ensure the retention and development of an effective teacher in every classroom. Demonstrates the capacity to develop and maintain a high-functioning professional learning community.
- Support and promote the vision and mission of the district and Head of School.
- Implement the school’s strategic goals.
- Oversees the implementation of the K-5 instructional program to ensure that all students have access to rigorous and relevant learning experiences.
- Provide leadership for implementing, monitoring, and evaluating research-based instructional practices that provide the greatest evidence of improved student achievement.
- Ensure vertical and horizontal alignment and articulation of instructional programs within the K-5 school.
- Collaborate with teachers and stakeholders within the K-5 environment to monitor, evaluate, and adjust the implementation of curriculum, assessment, and instruction to ensure the college and career readiness of all students.
- Implement high-quality professional development to support student learning and improve teacher performance.
- Collaborate with the Head of School and Central Office team to develop and implement a quality assurance process to ensure long-term effectiveness of the instructional program.
- Implement the school’s Response-to-Intervention process to support a tiered model of progressive interventions for academics and behavior.
- Lead the development and implementation of clear and attainable goals to ensure high levels of student achievement.
- Model and set expectations for high levels of student and staff performance.
- Provide leadership for the ongoing analysis and interpretation of student performance data to improve the quality of classroom instruction and student achievement.
- Participate and develop professional learning communities in the school to provide tailor made professional development for teachers to ensure a seamless approach to student achievement.
- Supervise state and local standardized testing to ensure compliance with established processes and policies.
- Support a highly effective school leadership team.
- Oversee the selection, evaluation, and implementation of research-based technology tools to support the instructional program.
- Collaborate with the Head of School and Administrative Team to develop, implement, and sustain a highly coordinated and aligned system to maximize the coordination of instruction and support services for all student subgroups.
- Implement and monitor state and local policies relating to curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Oversee implementation of the school’s assessment programs.
- Oversee interpretation of assessment data and results and ensure that assessment results effectively impact classroom instruction.
- Supervise assigned personnel, provide assistance, conduct performance appraisals, and make recommendations for appropriate employment actions.
- Coordinate, plan, implement, and evaluate the professional development of assigned personnel.
- Model and require that all staff engage in practices that promote high-performance, ethical behavior, collegiality, and teamwork.
- Provide leadership for the development of the school’s budget, ensuring that budget decisions provide optimal support for school-based needs.
- Model standards for positive and supportive staff/student relationships necessary in a high-performing school.
- Create and sustain a positive, safe, and supportive learning environment for students and staff.
- Model and ensure that all staff members establish and nurture positive and supportive relationships with students and families.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with the community.
- Respond to inquiries or complaints from stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Represent the school in a positive and professional manner.
- Involve stakeholders in the school improvement planning process.
- Consistently solicit stakeholder input and feedback throughout implementation of the school plan.
- Keep abreast of current research, theory, and trends related to effective practices for high-performing schools.
- Applies knowledge of current research and theory to improve school effectiveness.
- Demonstrate skill in written and oral communication, planning, and organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree/Doctorate Preferred in Education or related field required
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Valid Georgia Professional Certification at Level 5 or higher in a teaching or service field and in Educational Leadership
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE
- 8 years successful experience in education with 5 of the years in a school administrative leadership position required.
- Experience in school turnaround environment
- Experience in Funding
- Experience in QBE
- Experience In FTE
- Experience in Infinite Campus Scheduling
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Master’s (Required)
- School Leadership: 5 years (Required)
- Georgia Professional Standards Leadership Certification (Required)
Work Location: In person
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.