Dekalb Preparatory Academy
Mission: DeKalb Preparatory Academy is the diverse community where teachers, children, parents, and leaders learn together. Students cultivate knowledge and learn to think critically and act collaboratively and compassionately.
Our experiential curriculum intertwines sciences, humanities, and the arts to prepare children to shape our world.
We believe in our responsibility to partner with parents, creating an ideal environment in which students will have the opportunity to:
- Strive for academic excellence
- Explore a diverse curriculum
- Prepare to succeed in a global environment
- Provide service to a growing community
- Participate in character education, developing a respect for others through exemplary mentorship
- Experience cooperative educational communities in all content areas from fine arts to technology
- Develop into lifelong learners
- Support the academic progress and growth of Dekalb Preparatory Academy students.
- Help to strengthen skills classroom teachers have identified as areas needing extra attention.
- Provide direct small group instruction for students in a small group setting.
- Promote and enhance mathematics instruction and student learning and support classroom teachers in researching and developing more effective mathematics teaching practices and materials that allow all students to reach their individual potential. Including, sharing research addressing how students learn mathematics.
- Spend time analyzing the current math curriculum created by Dekalb Preparatory Academy and help to support, update, and make changes that stay true to the school’s mission.
- Devote time to analyzing Dekalb Preparatory Academy ‘s current math curriculum and instruction and collaborate with grade level representatives to support, update, and make changes that stay true to the school’s mission.
Job Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in elementary education
- Pass state certification exams designed to meet the needs of elementary students
- Specialization in either math, science or ESL
- 100% employer paid health, dental and vision insurance
- Employer contribution into TRSGA retirement program for employee
- Competitive salary range
- Paid vacation/sick leave
How to Apply
Submit Resumes: email@example.com