The Academy for Classical Education
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Academy for Classical Education (ACE) is seeking the right individual to assume the role of Head of School for a Classical Education K-12 Charter School.
The Head of School for ACE must be a passionate, self-motivated educator who understands and respects the Classical Model and whose primary goal is to ensure that teachers are given the opportunity to teach and students are given the opportunity to learn at high levels. In addition, this individual must be willing to promote and participate in ACE activities. This individual must understand that ACE teaches from a Classical Model and no other model will ever be considered nor should any other model be introduced.
- Minimum of a Specialist’s degree in leadership from an accredited institution highly preferred or commensurate work experience
- Hold a valid GaPSC in Educational Leadership at the Tier II Level
- Successful leadership experience minimum 5 years
- Record of strong ability to communicate and develop positive relationships with colleagues, students and parents.
- Able to pass extensive background check.
- Understand and articulate the vision for ACE which is to create an environment where teachers can teach and students will learn.
- Ensure that all stakeholders understand and can articulate that same vision.
- Ensure a safe, secure and orderly environment for all.
- Promote high-quality instructional practices that consistently allow for excellent instruction school-wide.
- Be visible and consistent presence throughout the school.
- Provide teachers with timely and constructive feedback on classroom instruction to develop teacher practice.
- Value teaching time over all other activities.
- Clearly and consistently communicate learning and development goals that reflect high expectations for learning and growth, a belief that all students can learn, and a commitment to meet each student’s educational needs.
- Continue a culture of collegial and professional relationships among staff and students that promote critical reflection, shared accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Manage conflict constructively at all levels.
- Value all aspects of the school community from academics, to fine arts to athletics.
- Carefully select and effectively assign staff.
- Support the professional growth of staff members in a differentiated manner based on individual needs and goals.
- Collect, analyze, and use multiple sources of data and research-based instructional practices to guide continuous improvement in student achievement, student and staff well-being, and professional development for staff.
- Develop positive and collaborative relationships with families.
- Work with the CFO and Governing Board to manage the school budget, requisitions, and all school funds.
- Oversee the upkeep of school facilities and physical plant with a vision toward growth.
- Any other duties or assignments given by the Governing Board
THE APPLICANT MUST
- Be interested in working on a team as a colleague.
- Understand the “ACE Way” and work to achieve it daily.
- Understand the Classical Model
- Be knowledgeable about children.
- Be excited about teaching!
How to Apply
Complete an application
Submit a resume and cover letter
Submit professional certificates and three professional reference letters specific to this position
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Applications will not be fully considered until all required documents listed above have been received. Interviews will begin immediately. The position is open until filled.
- Contact Information
Name: Witt Gaither, Governing Board Chair
- Email: Witt.Gaither@acemacon.org
Address: 5665 New Forsyth Road, Macon, GA 31210