Job Title: Teacher
Reports to: ICAGeorgia Principal
Approved by: ICAGeorgia Board
ICAGeorgia seeks qualified and passionate educators to teach students in grade K-5. All employees and volunteers work together to fulfill the ICAGeorgia’s mission statement. The thoughts reflected in this description provide structure to the responsibilities and accountabilities for this position; however, ICAGeorgia expects to employ professionals who will work beyond job descriptions, creating both a fulfilling career environment and very successful outcomes for our students.
The curriculum.at ICAGeorgia is based on current Georgia education standards with each student receiving instruction in English and Japanese. As a result, teachers work collaboratively in teams of two to ensure that students learn all required standards. A student’s exposure to each language will vary based on grade level: (K will be 80/20 (Japanese/English); 1st and 2nd Grade will be 60/40; 3rd through 5th will be 50/50).
- Teach content and skills in all subject areas in the language hired to teach utilizing the ICAGeorgia curriculum which is based on current Georgia education standards
- Evaluate academic and social growth of students, analyze data, prepare report cards
- Work as part of a two teacher team to create lesson plans, teach students, evaluate student progress and create action plans for students who need extra attention in specific areas of study
- If hired as a Japanese teacher, have the ability to teach curriculum in Japanese 100% of classroom time without converting to English based on current Japanese Ministry of Education standards
- Develop standards based lessons, units and assessments that focus on teaching the school curriculum and assisting in language acquisition while differentiating as needed
- Keep accurate records including attendance reports, student grades, etc.
- Ensure classroom is maintained as a safe and secure environment
- Ensure the student safety at all times
- Notify administration for any concerns not limited to accident, health, discipline, academic, and social issues. Document as required.
- Willingness to continue professional development and classroom management techniques to increase student achievement
- Participate in staff meetings and professional development opportunities
- Develop a multi-cultural learning environment for all students that emphasizes a respect for diversity
- Facilitate ongoing parent/guardian communications and conferences to discuss student progress Share best practices with other teachers and collaborate with them to improve instructional and assessment practices
- Establish a classroom culture of high expectations that engages all students
- Must be flexible and willing to help in different roles at the school to meet various school needs
- Collaborate with key stakeholders as necessary to ensure purposeful implementation of the school’s academic model and provide student enrichment opportunities that enhance academic achievement, cultural competency, and service learning spirit
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal
- Bachelor’s Degree: degree in the field of education preferred
- Currently hold teaching license for Early Childhood Education and/or equivalent license
- Currently hold or willing to gain certification for Early Childhood Education in the State of Georgia
- English fluency or fluency in a target language at a near native level as proven through a formal assessment
- Must support the school’s mission, philosophies and goals
- Experience working in a school that utilizes a dual-language immersion model preferred
- Experience with elementary students
- Excellent organizational, planning and implementation skills
- Proven ability to demonstrate effective communication, professional standards and ethical behavior
- Ability to work effectively with school administration and school colleagues to ensure school culture and student achievement
- Must pass a criminal background check and fingerprinting
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience implementing GSE in elementary grade classrooms
- Experience teaching with student centered, inquiry-based methods
- ESOL Endorsement
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and run. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. ICAGeorgia is a dynamic school subject to changing work environments, adaptation of new educational principles and values, and shifting culture; therefore, adaptability to change is essential.
Position Type: Full-time
Position Available: 9
Job Category: Teacher
How to Apply
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.