International Charter School of Atlanta
ICSAtlanta seeks a qualified and passionate candidate to support their lead teacher and school administration. Depending on the class, we seek paraprofessionals with native or near-native proficiency in Spanish, German, Mandarin, or French.
Primary Functions & Essential Responsibilities
- Provides instructional support by working with small groups and individual students under the supervision of the classroom teacher.
- Supervise students during recess and the teacher’s lunch break and prep period, and other times as required.
- Assists the teacher in classroom management.
- Assists with student assessment, grading work and tests and collecting data on student progress.
- Assists with routine record keeping.
- Assists with the preparation of materials for instruction.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Participates in staff meetings and professional development opportunities
- Must be flexible and willing to help in different roles at the school to meet various school needs.
- Assists in other duties as assigned by school administration.
Qualifications & Experience
- Associate’s Degree, or passing score on the GACE Paraprofessional Assessment test
- Must support the school’s mission, philosophies and goals
- Classroom experience and/or proven ability to work with children preferred
- Excellent organizational, planning and implementation skills
- Proven ability to demonstrate effective communication, professional standards and ethical behavior
- Ability to work effectively with school administration and school colleagues to ensure school culture and student achievement
- Must pass a criminal background check and fingerprinting
How to Apply
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes your resume and cover letter. In the email subject line, please include your name and the position you are applying for (For example: Sarah Brown – German Immersion Teacher).