Yi Hwang Academy of Language Excellence
Are you interested in becoming a teacher at a premier dual language immersion charter school in Georgia? At Yi Hwang Academy of Language Excellence (YHALE), we pride ourselves on providing a high quality, rigorous instructional program in a dual language immersion environment. We are a State Charter School Commission (SCSC) charter school. We offer a dual language immersion instructional program for students in Kindergarten – 5th grade. Our dual language immersion is a 50/50 model, which means 50% of each school day is taught in English, and the other 50% is taught in the target language of Korean or Mandarin.
The mission of YHALE is to produce students who are fluent in both English and their Mandarin or Korean target language. Under the supervision of the Principal and/or Lead Teacher, our K – 5 Teacher (English Language) is responsible for providing Language Arts, Mathematics, and Social Studies instruction in the English Language to two groups of students each day. YHALE’s instructional framework is rooted in the Integrated Curriculum Model (ICM). Within this framework, K – 5 Teachers (English Language) will implement Singapore Math. Our teachers are expected to create a flexible program and a favorable learning environment. The teacher will establish effective rapport with students; motivate students to develop skills, attitudes, and the knowledge needed to provide a good foundation, and do so in accordance with each student’s ability. Professional relationships will be developed and maintained with faculty, staff, and parents.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Teach subject matter utilizing the course of study adopted by the Board of Education, correlated with other appropriate learning activities,
- Develop lesson plans, adapt curriculum to meet individual student needs, and utilize effective teaching techniques in translating lesson plans into productive student learning experiences which best utilize the time available for instruction,
- Participate in ongoing professional learning,
- Collaborate with target language teachers to ensure a seamless instructional program for students,
- Utilize computers and other technological classroom support equipment in student instruction.
- Control the storage and use of district owned property; make minor adjustments and request repairs as required,
- Maintain classroom organization and discipline,
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere,
- Provide and maintain a safe and supervised environment in the classroom and on the school grounds,
- Devise and utilize techniques which accurately measure student progress,
- Evaluate student’s academic and personal growth keeping appropriate records, and prepare progress reports,
- Communicate with parents through conferences and other means discussing academic and personal progress; interpret school programs,
- Communicate and cooperate with other professional staff in academic and personal growth areas,
- Demonstrate professional ethics as outlined by the Georgia Professional Standards Committee, and
- Conform to District policies, including attendance, absences and evaluations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Elementary Education,
- Valid, in-field K – 5 Elementary Education professional teaching license, preferred,
- Experience with Singapore Math, preferred,
- Working knowledge of federal and state requirements for elementary education,
- Knowledge of Georgia Standards of Excellence,
- Experience managing students of varying ability within the same classroom and implementing the multi-tiered system of supports,
- Excellent teaching history with a proven record of increasing student achievement,
- High moral character and strong work ethic with a clear passion for teaching and learning,
- Professional, warm, and collaborative with students, families, and colleagues.
How to Apply
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.