Northwest Classical Academy
About Northwest Classical Academy:
Northwest Classical Academy (NCA) is a new, public charter school located in Kennesaw for grades K-9 for the 2023-2024 school year with plans to expand a grade level each year until it is K-12. All Georgia families are eligible to apply; the school is tuition-free and no entrance testing is required. The children of full-time employees have enrollment preference and would be offered a seat in the school. Northwest Classical Academy is an equal-opportunity employer.
About the Position:
Northwest Classical Academy seeks a full-time Special Education Teacher (SPED) for the 2023-2024 school year. The Special Education Teacher would report to the Special Education Lead Teacher as a member of the school’s Student Services team.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The SPED Teacher will plan, organize, implement content-focused, differentiated lessons for students across many grade levels.
- The candidate must be knowledgeable in assessing students’ skill and knowledge level in order to develop, implement and update Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student.
- The candidate must demonstrate the willingness to collaborate with classroom/content teachers and support the SELT in matters pertaining to Special Education
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Per state guidance, at a minimum the individual must possess the following qualifications:
- Valid Professional Standards Commission approved certificate in appropriate educational field at level T-4 or above required.
- Valid Professional Standards Commission approved subject-specific endorsements required.
Strong candidates will support the school’s Mission: to develop students in mind and character through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
- the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
- community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, humility, perseverance, self-government, and service.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site or by clicking here.