The Centennial Academy teacher will utilize current strategies and theories to plan, organize and implement instructional strategies for Centennial Academy students through a Project-based Learning environment steeped in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) instruction.
- Provides content-related and appropriate instruction based on Centennial Academy’s PBL and STEAM curriculum
- Integrates intentional technology into classroom instruction
- Actively participates and utilizes professional learning, specifically in the PBL and STEAM fields to support innovation
- Provides a classroom environment which promotes active learning in subject areas
- Exhibits knowledge of performance-based instruction and assessment
- Communicates responsibly with all students, parents, colleagues, stakeholders and school leadership
- Facilitates home-school communication by such means as holding conferences, telephoning, and sending written communications
- Plans and facilitates rigorous and engaging lessons
- Works with parents/guardians in all aspects of the student’s educational program
- Prepares adequately for responsibilities to be assumed when absent
- Accounts for student attendance and punctuality
- Follows all county, state, and federal policies and procedures
- Follows professional ethics in all work-related activities
- Avoids behaviors which detract from staff morale
- Builds a classroom structure where challenge is valued and expected
- Believes that successful outcomes are possible for all students
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- T4-T7 Georgia Certification required
- Gifted Endorsement, preferred
- If Georgia Certification has not been acquired, candidates must produce Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) completion assessment data with proficient rating in area(s) of desired teaching field.
- Works collaboratively within curriculum and instruction to design and implement project-based learning and STEAM instruction
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Normal school related working conditions to be expected, i.e. standing, sitting, etc.
- Ability to collaborate well with others.
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply.