The R.I.S.E. Schools
Job Title: Executive Director
About the Position:
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will oversee and manage the programmatic and administrative functions of the school, establish short and long term goals, and plans and policies to execute those goals, subject to the Board’s approval. In addition, the Executive Director will oversee the management of the organization, including the principals that manage staff members ranging from teachers to operational support.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the official spokesperson for the organization and build collaborative relations with critical stakeholders including donors, media, parents, community leaders, and charter school authorizers
- Ensure the school adheres to all rules and regulations pertaining to school operations and academic standards set forth by the charter school authorizers
- Ensure adequacy and soundness of the organization’s financial structure
- Oversee the recruitment and retention of top talent at all levels
- Assess the operating results of the organization and implement plans and policies to ensure satisfactory outcomes
- Model and champion the vision and mission throughout the organization and keep the Board informed of the organization’s conditions
- Create, schedule training for and support the Board of Directors in the areas of education policy, school programs, and administration and governance
- Promote active Broad participation of the school community in all areas of the school’s work and ensure that the Board is kept fully informed on the condition of the charter school and all the important factors influencing it
- Publicize the activities of the charter school, its programs, and goals, including marketing and public relations activities, development and fundraising activities, and policy and advocacy related activities
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with authorizing agencies, government agencies, policy makers, funders, community groups, and other charter schools
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board: serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build Board involvement
Skills and Characteristics:
This is the ideal position for a compelling, results-oriented leader who is passionate about education and ensuring that RISE students are building a strong foundation of academic success.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree required
- At least seven years of experience as a senior leader or executive director of a mission-driven organization and ability to demonstrate a strong track record of success in the role
- Strong working knowledge of charter school law and regulations required
- Knowledge of the K-12 education landscape required
- Experience managing multiple direct reports across various function areas
- Strong coaching, people and project management skills
- Results oriented individual that is willing to go the extra mile
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, flexible, able to work independently as well as take direction as needed
- Ability to inspire and influence others
- Solid analytical, communication, influence and negotiation skills
- Strives to continuously build knowledge, skills, and expertise
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of business implications of decisions and ability to ensure such decisions align with the organization’s strategic goals
About The RISE Schools:
The RISE Schools is a free public charter school network in East Point, GA. The RISE Schools, comprised of RISE Grammar School, which serves K through grade 5, and RISE Prep School, which serves grades 6 through 8.
The mission of The RISE Schools is to provide a rigorous and holistic education that develops the minds and character of scholars to be catalysts for social change. When scholars graduate from RISE, they will have the capacity to maintain balance between competition and compassion to be catalysts for social change in their lives and in their communities. This mission and vision are vital to the children in south Fulton County as quality public education options are more limited in this region. Scholars in the area do not currently have the opportunity to engage in a holistic model that reinforces both academic and social-emotional growth while instilling in scholars the care for their surrounding community.
The holistic model focuses on the following six pillars; 1) restorative practices, 2) entrepreneurship, 3) ethics of care, 4) experiential learning, 5) culturally responsive teaching, and 6) social-emotional wellness. This approach to whole-scholar development recognizes that sustained learning is achieved by integrating all aspects of the educational experience rather than compartmentalizing subjects, as is the practice in traditional public education. This educational experience is particularly important for children who are historically marginalized in the public education system.
How to Apply
All interested candidates should email email@example.com to apply for a position.