The Georgia Charter Schools Association is excited to kick off National Charter Schools Week (May 8-14, 2022) with inaugural “Open House” celebrations. During the week, public charter schools throughout Georgia are holding open houses to welcome elected officials and the broader community. National Charter Schools Week exists to celebrate charters schools, the high-quality and tuition-free public schools that nearly 3.6 million students across America depend on for an excellent education. This special celebration is an opportunity to demonstrate that public charter schools are transforming public education and the lives of more than 60,000 Georgia children in 90 schools.
GCSA member schools that are holding open house events include:
- Tapestry Public Charter School – Monday, May 9, 1:30-3:30 p.m., “Tap Into Culture Event”
- Atlanta SMART Academy – Tuesday, May 10, 9:00 -11:00 m., “Open House”
- DeKalb Preparatory Academy – Tuesday, May 10, 12:00-2:30 p.m., “Career Day & Program”
- The Museum School of Avondale Estates – Tuesday, May 10, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. “Open House & School Program”
- Yi Hwang Academy of Language Excellence – Tuesday, May 10 & Thursday, May 12, 1:30 p.m. “Open House”
- Georgia Cyber Academy – Wednesday, May 11, 6:00 p.m. “Virtual Information Event”
- International Community School – Thursday, May 12, “Open House & Career Day”
- Liberty Tech Charter School – Thursday, May 12, 5:30 p.m., “State of the School Address”
Help GCSA celebrate National Charter Schools Week by spreading the word about these events. You can also find Georgia-specific graphics to celebrate on social media here and additional graphics from the National Alliance for Public Charter schools here. Please tag us in your social media posts at @gacharters, and make sure to use #CharterSchoolsWeek #GaCharters and #CharterLove as hashtags.