GCSA is holding a Charter Schools Week Planning call on Tuesday, April 26, at noon. This year, we’re working in collaboration with member schools across Georgia to hold “Charter School Open House” events during National Charter Schools Week, May 8-14. During the call, member schools will receive and share planning advice and ideas for open house events. Please register in advance.
National Charter Schools Week is an opportunity for Georgia’s public charter schools to demonstrate to elected officials and the broader community that charters are transforming public education and the lives of children.
Are you in? Follow the steps below, so we can help you promote your event!
SCHOOL PARTICIPATION: ACTION STEPS
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE:
- Pick a date for your open house.
- Communicate the date to email@example.com
- Create a guest list! (Think: local board members, other local elected officials, civic org representatives, parents, prospective parents, and legislators!)
- Think through an agenda/run-of-show for your event.
ADVERTISE & INVITE:
- Start advertising your event in your community
- Send personal email invitations to important guests. (Email (firstname.lastname@example.org for help coordinating those legislator invitations!)
We’ve created Georgia-focused action steps, resources and an NCSW toolkit – available for GCSA members in the membership area of GCSA’s website. You can also contact Michelle Wirth to receive the information directly by email.
For more information and resources, visit the National Alliance NCSW website.