The Georgia Department of Education has just released its Charter Schools Program (CSP) implementation and planning grants application for 2017. The Georgia Charter Schools Association is excited about the opportunity this holds for Georgia’s charter schools! GCSA offers a suite of services to charter schools that are applying. While GCSA cannot guarantee funding to any schools or the amount of available funds, we know that this year’s competition will be more competitive than ever given the number of eligible schools and the amount of funding. Additionally, the funding is tiered, there are bonus points, and applicants will only have one month to apply. This application cycle will be a true competition.
GCSA is here to help! We have developed two options for assistance in the CSP application process.
- Option 1 provides CSP applicants with:
- One round of CSP application review and feedback (does not include a scored rubric, completeness review, and is less in depth)
- Fee – $3,000 (member) or $6,000 (non-member)
- Option 2 provides CSP applicants with:
- An overall compliance review targeted at compliance with Georgia’s CSP overarching priorities
- Two rounds of written feedback including phone calls to give consistent feedback
- A completeness review to ensure all needed attachments are complete and in the right format
- A sample rubric scoring to understand the application’s likelihood of success
- Fee – $6,000 (member) or $12,000 (non-member)
The turnaround for this application will be approximately 30 days to the Department. In order to adequately prepare applications and feedback, GCSA will need to work with eligible schools to set appropriate timelines and work plans. GCSA will require a minimum 10 days lead time to review applications. Please contact Aarti Sharma immediately for further assistance or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-709-5632.