GCSA Virtual Listening Session #2 Canceled, but Feedback is Still Welcome!
Thanks to everyone who attended Listening Session #1. Your input is greatly appreciated and will form the basis of the 2022 GCSA policy agenda! We had robust attendance at our Friday, July 17, listening session; however, there have been no registrants for the previously announced second session. As a result, and out of respect for busy back-to-school schedules, we are canceling Listening Session #2 which was scheduled to take place on July 30.
But never fear! If anyone has more to share about policy challenges, authorizer issues and/or regulatory problems, please submit your feedback to Bonnie Holliday at email@example.com.
Consider the following questions prior to submitting your feedback:
1. What issues and challenges are charter schools currently facing? (Think: autonomy, access, equity, and quality.)
2. Is your authorizer responsive to your schools’ needs? How could that dynamic be improved?
3. What local/regional advocacy needs exist?
4. What % of your school’s budget is dedicated to facility costs?
5. Is your school being assessed for/paying property taxes?